1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted S&W model 41 .22 target pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Abigail, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abigail

Abigail TS Member

Wanted Smith and Wesson model 41, 51/2" barrel, .22 target pistol.

I am looking for a S&W model 41 to mount a red dot scope on for bullseye target shooting. I am a beginner and love love love my Victor High Standard but want to keep that for shooting without a scope. The S&W seems to be similar in the way it fits in my hand and the feel of the trigger.

If anyone has a model 41 they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price please reply to thread or email me removing the xxxxx's.

Thanks,
    Abby

I would also welcome any other suggestions on another make or model of .22 target pistol for use with a red dot scope.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I have a Marvel conversion on a custom 45 Gov't frame that is similar in function to the Mod 41. I have both the ribs (open sight & scope mount) that are available for it, so I can easily switch whenever I want without losing Zero. The Marvel unit is supremely accurate (within 1/2" @ 50 yds) when mounted in a Ransom rest. Unfortunately, I'm not that good, but I would put it up against most 22 rifles anyday. Real neat way to go if you already have a 1911 style auto.

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I've got three...none for sale. Check out the S&W Forum site. Go to auto pistols as well as the classifieds and post there.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/

Best of Luck.... FN in MT

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Plenty of them here:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/scarborough/handgun/836019_sw41_sca.jsp?hierarchyId=11647

5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I have a Mod 41 7 1/2 Bbl with original box and papers. It was bo7ught in 1969. looks to be 99.9% contact in you are interested.
    Drop the xxx's
    Bob Roberts

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

A great gun the 41.

The Walther GSP is also top notch.

Don

7. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

I have a S & W Model 41 with a 5 1/2 inch barrel. It is NIB. It is about 5 or 6 years old. If you are still interested, email me and I will send you pictures.

Thanks
    Jack

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

bump up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.