1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted ruger 44 mag carbine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zap, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap

zap TS Member

Off track , however im looking for a ruger lever action 44 mag carbine , i think its called a model 96??

2. Bob M

Bob M Member

Nitro,

Yes, it is the model 96. People seem to be either hot or cold about them. Mine isn't going to win any shooting competitions and the trigger is a little gritty. It is perfect for creeping around old clear-cuts and still hunting. It is light, handy, throws a big bullet, and it is clip loading. It shoots about 1 inch groups from 50 yards. Plenty good for making backstraps and bologna.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Had the autoloader, fun to see a deer do a sideways somersault.

Very adequate roud for most of wisconsin unless you are a field hunter.

HM

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have a Ruger '96 and keeping it only as a fun plinker...for serious accuracy and hunting ..my Marlin 1894's in any of the pistol calibers (.357, 41mag and 44mag)are worlds better

5. Bob M

Bob M Member

I have heard that from several guys, Calvin. It seems like your get a good one or a bad one from Ruger. I read online that the Ruger throats are cut .432 their 44's. Beartooth bullets has a special bullet that they recommend for the Rugers. It is about 250 grains and can be ordered sized .431 for the Rugers.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The 357 is my favorite...unbelievable accuracy wise and more than enough power for hogs and deer...the light 38s are a hoot to shoot too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wanted ruger 44 carbine