1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Ruger # 1 or # 3

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porker, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porker

Porker TS Member

Wanted: Ruger No.1 or No. 3 in 243 or 25-06. Right hand. Would also be interested in a Browning 78 in the same cal.

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Porker -

I don't believe Ruger ever distinguished RH and LH in the #1 and #3 rifles. They don't come with Monte Carlo stocks or cheeck pieces. I don't believe they ever made the #3 in the calibers you want. Just the #1. I own a #1 in 45-70 and the only regret I have is that I did not buy it 20 years sooner.

Jeff

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

The browning is a far better choice then the Ruger. The 78 octigon barrel has always been my pick. The Ruger 1 is far better then the 3. Do not get a Ruger 1 that has a barrel rap band for the forearm. It will not shoot as well as a forearm that has a screw holding the forearm on.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I just looked on Gunsamerica and GunBroker and there a large number for you to pick from. All you have to do in the search box is to put 25-06 and click enter. Just those cal will come up.

5. ata27

ata27 Member

Would you have any interest in a Ruder #1 in 6mm?

6. ata27

ata27 Member

Sorry Ruger #1

7. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

GoldEx (Jeff) - With the LH models you work the under lever with your RIGHT hand. (Just thought you'd like to know.) ....Rick

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Rick -

I hope you're just making an attempt at being funny. I am left handed and operate the under lever with my left hand and load with my right. Never needed a second shot though.

Jeff

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I have two, a 6mm Bicentennial model, and a .280 Remington about 15 years old. They are both very accurate and flat shooting, and I've killed a lot of game with each. The only advantage a .243 would have over the 6mm is having factory ammo more commonly available, but since I shoot handloads exclusively that's never been an issue for me.

ATA27, are you interested in selling the 6mm? If so, send me details.

10. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Jeff, I WAS kidding! That's the beauty of guns like the Ruger #1 and Browning BPS. They are completely ambidextrious. PLUS you can shoot them right or left handed! All in fun....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.