1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED - Rem -1100 - 28g sporting / 25 in barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Tom Strunk, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Years ago when these guns were first out I had one with the 25 inch barrel and factory Briley screw in chokes. A very good friend talked me out of it and I have been sorry ever since. The new ones only come with longer barrels which I don't want. This gun will be used here in Arizona for quail hunting.

If anyone has a good one I would be interested in buying it.

Tom Strunk

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Doggai had a nice one when I was looking. I wanted and found a 27" one but his 25" sporting was very nice as well as very reasonable. Just a thought.

3. Tom Strunk

0   0   0

Thanks claybrdr. I have sent him a Private message, hope he see's it.

Tom Strunk

4. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You have a PM, I have one with 2 boxes through it. perfect condition.

Phil,

5. Tom Strunk

0   0   0

I have made a deal with Fly to purchase his sporting 1100/28. Cashiers check and FFL will be sent Nov. 30th.

Thanks for the help this site offers to all.

Tom Strunk

6. DanLee

DanLee Member

0   0   0

You're in Arizona. What difference is 2" of barrel going to make out there?

7. Tom Strunk

0   0   0

We are hunting the Gambel quail here in Arizona, most of the time. We have found by trial and error that the quick moving, light shotguns with short barrels work best. These birds are quick and are a real challenge to hit, they use every bush, tree, or anything to put something between them and you. Did I mention they are quick ?? And they never fly straight.

I usually hunt with a 391 Beretta in 20 guage. I started with a 28 inch barrel and have since changed a few years back to a 26 inch barrel. Works much better for me, your results may vary.

My hunting partner and myself have won the Arizona Quail Derby with this combination.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.