1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Quality .22LR

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by M R Ducks, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

0   0   0

Ruger 10/22, fixed 4 power scope. This package can be had at most WALMARTS for about $250.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

I've seen the 1022s for as little as $189. locally here in Orygun. Another possibility is the Winchester Wildcat, a bolt action, slender, and beautiful .22 rifle. My grandson and I went shopping for a .22 and he was sold on the auto chucker Ruger. I told him to keep his thoughts open to a bolt action or pump while we checked the possibilities. When he spotted the Wildcat, he was permanently in love and he's even more excited after a couple of sessions at the range. The only hang up for me is that the gun is a product of Russia. But everyone that sees it is really impressed. We paid $239 unless I'm even more forgetful than I thought.....Bob Dodd

p.s. The Wildcat comes with 4 magazines, shoots long rifle only, good safety, removable bolt, rough but real checkering, driftable sights for windage and an adjustment for elevation, and the grand boy just has more fun operating all the gizmos for safety and cleaning.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

CZ 452 bolt action !!!

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

You can check in to a Remington 512 it a tube fed gun and will shoot 22 shorts, longs and long rifle in any order you want to shoot them and my kids love to shoot it.

thanks
    lee

5. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Don't have one for sale, but I've had good luck with clip fed Marlin and Glenfields. They are basic 22's that can be had for $50-75 used. Add a Bushnell 4X scope and you have a groundhog killer out to 100 yards. I've killed probably over 100 groundhogs with my vintage model. Still have it, put tens of thousands of rounds through it, and it will still print 2" groups at 100 yards. Bought it used in 1972 for $19.95. Just about any entry level 22 will do, as I've bought and sold others, and they perform just as well. I do like the Bushnell Custom scopes though. Very clear with a full field of vision, and low cost. I've set up others with these same guns and scopes for pest control, and have never had any issues. 22mag is more noise.

Check the pic, circa 1975 me on the left. I was 15. Whistled on a 22 Hornet shell, we both counted to three and fired. I said, "did you shoot?", and he said, "did you shoot?", at the same time. 125 yards. Both shots through the groundhogs chest were 3/4" apart. Ahh memories.

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

I am going to cast a vote for the Savage Classic bolt action .22. It is as accurate out of the box as custom rifles costing three times as much and has a handsome walnut stock with a black fore end cap that is a real knock out. It is around 350 bucks./

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

0   0   0

+2 CZ 452 lower cost, high quality. great shooter

8. sbhced

sbhced Member

0   0   0

The Remington 597 is a good semi auto gun. If you buy it used Remington will not exchange the first two generations of magazines for 3rd generation. The 3rd generation mags work extremely well, but first two generations were junk.

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Marlin 39A lever action, over 100 years and only minor changes, classic looks, shoots s, l, lr, can easily mount a scope. Teaches youngsters to aim rather than spray and pray. If it was good enough for Annie Oakley, it should be great for your grandson. Win. 22/94 would be a close second.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

+3 for the CZ-452. Mine shoots extremely good groups with almost any ammo, some of course better than others. Hap

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Add'l comments: I agree with the comment that the young fellers tend to blast away with the semi-autos and it's just that much harder to convince them to learn the proper safety and skill techniques. Regarding the "youth" guns, we found most of them were marginally right sized for the 11 yr old (and not husky or tall) I was dealing with and it was obvious that the "youth" guns would be way too small way too soon. Then, I too, would have leaned heavily toward the CZ bolt action or the Marlin levers, even the Henrys but the cost factor for a knock around first .22 rifle for a young fellow just couldn't be justified in at least our case. This young lad had saved the $190 he thought it would take to get into a Ruger 10/22 and then fell in love with the Russian Winchester - that's hard to swallow - so Grandad and his mom pitched in the extra $50 bucks to get what he wanted and appreciates all the more. More food to consider.....breakemall....Bob Dodd.

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

EE, Not trying to start an arguement, and I do own a CZ 22 rifle along with a few Anschutz rifles, but did you ever hear of anybody using a CZ rifle in the olympics? Even a Cooper or Kimber?

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Winchester 94/22 that is scoped and love it, also have a Remington Pumper thats a lot of fun to shoot and both are very accuate ... I bought both of my Nephews Winchester 94/22's for Christmas many years ago and they still have them and use them often ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. TomB

TomB Member

0   0   0

DBBill....I have a Remington 541T bolt action sporter wt that is about 20 yrs old and shoots 1/2" groups at 50yds with target ammo. I've shot maybe 200 shells out of it. If interested call me at 717-423-6965. Tom B

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

original Kimber Model 82....bought mine new in 1980 and it's still a tack driver....

16. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Get him a Cooper. They are worth the money and it's a rifle that he will hand down for generations.

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Yes get a Cooper so that Dan Cooper can send more money to Barak Obama like he did last year.

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The old Remington Nylon guns are fun to shoot, and a bit of a collectible.

19. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Don't know if its a quality gun, but looks like a fun gun--Henry Survival 22--the ole AR-7.

Phil Berkowitz

20. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

0   0   0

I used to have a Ruger 77/22 in .22LR. It was quite accurate and very easy to mount a scope to with their supplied rings. .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.