Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted - Prussian Charles Daly - SBT

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  birdogs 
#1 ·
My Dad will be turning 80 this year and I am looking for a Prussian ( Lindner ) Charles Daly Diamond Regent 34" SBT, for him. ( I know, not asking for too much.) He still shoots 3 days a week and I swear it is what keeps him going. Also does anyone have any info on these guns? Any help would be greatly appreciated.I've tried all of the high end places that I can find.
Thank you

#2 ·
Yes and I spoke to Bob Jones in Texas who seems to be an authority on these. I guess at one time he was about to publish a book about Charles Daly guns but it fell through. Leave it to my "old man" to have his heart set on something like this, couldn't be an LC or Parker or Ithaca! Thank you for your help.

#4 ·
Contact Jaqua's. web site <http://www.jaquas.com>

Sorry mine is not for sale.

They do get one in every couple years on
consignment. Don't know if they will give you what you need like the owners name. But they may get hold of the guy with the gun for you to arrange a sale.

This gun is almost as good a condition as mine, it has been fired but not much.

Never could get a price from them on the phone.

Good luck

Rock

Jim

#5 ·
Rock,
You have a 34" SBT? So they are out there. Do you have any pics?

Steve,
They were known as "sextuplets" because they actually had six locking lugs. Blue Book has a brief paragraph on them and states that it took three craftsmen one year to build a Diamond Regent. When they went through "proofing" they used double the required powder charge and 1 1/3 the required load of shot. They were built like a high end vault.

It's good to find two people as knowledgeable as you both. Most people only know Dalys as Japanese firearms. If I ever come across any good info or books on them, I'll post it for you.

#9 ·
This was my dad's gun he never fired it.He got it from his father. And as much as I have needed money in the last few years I still have it.

I know the double gun is worth more but the number of guns made in the single were very few in number. I have received several offers almost double to Blue Book price. I do intend to shoot it at least once before I give it to my son.

Good luck like I said.

Rock

Jim

#16 ·
These guns were made by a Prussian gunmaker named Lindner and imported to the U.S. by Daley. I have had very limited success researching them. The factory where they were made was destroyed during WW II, so there aren't many records. ( This is what I have been told.) Bob Jones, the firearms dealer in Texas seems to know the most about them and had a book ready to be published. I talked to Bob and some sort of dispute between his partner and the publisher stopped the deal. Too bad, I would have signed up for the first copy!
Over the years Daley imported guns made by many different gun makers, some of very high quality some not so much. These are among the best. As I learn more about them I will pass it on and would appreciate any info from any of you.
I really would like to find a 34" SBT in Diamond Reagent for my Dad.

Rock: Yours has to be one of the best around! I can understand you wanting to keep it, but if you ever change your mind.....

Any info that anyone has, or even ideas of where to search for the guns or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all!

Frank: I'll be in touch about yours.

#20 ·
I had one for a very short time. It was not a Diamond Regent grade but it was very nice indeed. The problem was that it had an old style hog back stock with a tremendous amount of drop at heel. This gun kicked the hell out of me. The second time I shot it I broke someting under 10 targets.

That said, it was the very best-made gun I ever owned or saw. The dolls-head extension of the rib was a thing of beauty. The gun was so tightly jointed that a thin film if oil spread on the standing breech with your finger would be squeezed out when you closed the gun.

I should have kept it and re-stocked it to my dimensions (keeping the original stocks of course) but I was young and relatively poor so I sold it a bought a Browning Superposed. I guess that is the meaning of "young and foolish".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.