1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Primer Feed Assy for MEC .410 Single Stage

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by theodorescolt45, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

0   0   0

WANTED:

Primer feed tray and all parts needed to convert a MEC Single Stage Reloader (600 jr ) in .410 .

Thanks !

Don't care about the external condition as long as it's all there and works !

ted ..

2. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

As far as I know, there has never been any factory system available for the 410 single stage press. The diameter of the primer is too large when compared to the inside diameter of the 410 hull to make it possible to drop it through such a small primer seating punch. This type of system will only work on 28 gauge and larger hull diameters.

The progressive MEC presses like the Grabber and the 9000's use a totally different system of inserting the primer into the press than the single stage machines and so the primer does not need to be able to pass through the primer reprime tube. That is why an auto-reprime system is available on progressive MEC loaders in 410 size but not on the single stage.

3. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

0   0   0

thank you !
    never thought about it !

4. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

0   0   0

Greg's right. I have a Sizemaster 77 in 12 gauge and another one in .410 bore. The 12 came with the priming system, but the .410 does not because, I assume (yeah, I know) that the drop tube would be too large to fit down into the cases.

5. kolar12

kolar12 Member

0   0   0

I have a 20 ga junior with auto prime feature. It is on the right side and drops the primer onto the primer seating "plug". I do not see why it would not work in .410, it has nothing to do with the priming punch.

6. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

Kolar 12,

Aren't your primers on your 20 gauge Junior loader being dropped through the hollow shaft of the reprime punch??????? That shaft must fit inside the empty hull when the hull is being reprimed. The shaft used on a 410 loader has too small a diameter to allow a shotgun primer to fit through it. A 410 hull has such a small diameter that a 209 sized shotgun primer is so close to the same diamter as the hull, that it is not possible to use a hollow shaft (as the shaft MUST fit into the hull).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.