1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Opinion On Phil Simms Prosoft Stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Instead of selling his Ljutic Super Handicap, my dad was thinking of having a Prosoft stock made for it. We are curious about how others feel about this stock and what kind of dealings others have had with the stock maker, Phil Simms. My dad talked with him at the ohio state shoot briefly, but he was unable to try one of his stock because the last "demo" stock he had, had just been sold. I on the other hand was able to try one of these stock on a ljutic black diamond, and i thought it was an absolutly splendid peice of work. I have also tried the "stock-lock" system and it just didnt feel right to me. they seemed much heavier and cumbersome as well as way more expensive than the Prosoft. Good or bad we are curious about others opinions. thanks. BYG

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've shot my good friends Pro-Soft as well as a Stock-Lock. Right at the start I noticed the Pro-Soft on firing had a far different feel than did the Stock-Lock. Rearward movement of the Pro-Soft seemed more controlled and didn't jump away from my right hand grasp nor did it torque away from my cheek lock! That alone would help me shoot better scores on doubles while it certainly wouldn't hinder the singles or handicaps either!

I use different sorts of sliding comb recoil reducing stocks on my guns and none of mine come close in comparisons to the Pro-Soft. In order to shoot decent doubles with my current crop of stocks, I hafta move my comb a tad more to the left to prevent the guns torquing to the right after the first shot.

Hap

3. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

BYG, you have shoot the best recoil product curently on the market! The stocklock system is also a very good product when it works. The defference is that the prosoft system has never failed the shooter and is garentied for life of the shooter! Phill Sims in my opion is one of the finest stock fiters I have ever experenced! He is not into all the fancy c--p that looks great, but is all about helping the shooter do the very best he is capabel of!Stock fit is everything, plus the best recoil system there is for around three grand, it's a no brainer! Bob Murray

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I am sure Tom Strunk will have post to this thread as he has been shooting one since they first came out and might ad that Tom is shooting it very well. POhil is a great stock fitter and has made 3 stocks for me ove the years.

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

Don't know about Prosoft. I have dealt with Phil for many years with great results.

Andy

6. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

thanks to all for your input =). BYG

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I love mine. I have the second one that Phil made, pre-production, got it in November 08. As stated above it is maintance free, no other system can say that. I have had no problems of any kind with mine, and would recommend a ProSoft stock to all.

I met a lady last week at the California state shoot that went to the other brand first and then the ProSoft. She told me that her other brand would freeze on her and that the ProSoft was trouble free. She loved her ProSoft stock, her name was Diane Savage.

People that have one are Phil Simm's best sales persons. They work and don't break. If you get the chance, just watch a shooter with the ProSoft stock shoot, it absorbs the recoil and doesn't transfer recoil to your shoulder.

Tom Strunk

8. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Rebel, here are some of my MX3 Special. Enjoy, Bob Murray
    [​IMG]

9. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Here is one more. Bob Murray

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bob, that is a good looking piece of wood. Trevor Dawe.

11. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Hope this works!

12. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Thanks Trevor, Phils quality of wood has no equal! Bob M.........

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

14. JES

JES Member

I tried this stock, it was amazing! I will look up Phil at the Autumn Grand. Can't Wait

15. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

Phil installed on for me on a Perazzi TM1 and I couldn't be more pleased. It feels great even with Nitro's and AA Handicaps. Better than any recoil reducer I have found.

Dick Egolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
phil simms gun stocks

phil simms prosoft stock

phil simms prosoft stocks
phil simms stocks
pro soft gun stocks

pro soft stocks

prosoft shotgun stocks

prosoft stocks