1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted: old town photograph

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdtracker, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

my wife and I are looking for a photo of 1800s western town. Like Tombstone. we want it looking down the street. I have looked around and just haven't found the right one. We are going to paint a mural on the wall when you open the basement door. thanks. Don

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Here are a couple from Tombstone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

3. birdtracker

thanks Haux. here is a picture of a garage she painted. I can draw stick men!!!! Don

4. Hauxfan

Don, If you can draw stick men, you're way more talented then I am........lol

I've always said I can't even draw a decent stick man.

I'm hopeless.......lol

Hauxfan!

5. Hauxfan

Zardo, I think the second one is a painted picture that someone did. Looks pretty neat. Hauxfan!

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tombstone still looks a lot like that!! Cept the streets are paved now. I drive through there on my way to Double Adobe trap club. Hap

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

Try the link above, it has several shots of the street and some other of saloons etc.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crown King AZ. It is a very small old mining town that you sometimes need a 4 wheel drive to get to. My wife and I camped there a lot and it is our favorite getaway place of all times. Not many cars, everyone uses ATV's. It is about 25 miles up into the mountains south of Prescott. The dirt road to it is just north of the Ben Avery Club. There is a town called Clitor on the way up where we always stopped for a beer ( one house in town and the bar is in the house) I bet Hap knows this place, if not he needs to. One is an actual photo, the other is a print hanging in my den. The town of Crown King has about 68 people, two bars, volunteer fire station, one restaurant. It is heaven on earth up there

9. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Haux. don't be so hard on yourself. You draw flies with the best of them! LOL.

10. birdtracker

Bigbird: that is funny!! Here is a picture of a neat saloon. I will look at the website posted. Thanks. Don

11. birdtracker

Here is one I found also to give an idea of what we are looking for. Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.