1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED K-80

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by 19539trap, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19539trap

19539trap Member

0   0   0

Looking for a reasonably priced K-80, 2001 or newer. Thanks

2. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

0   0   0

That makes 2 of us

3. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

And three of us. Huntin fool makes 4!

4. Richard Marshall JR.

Richard Marshall JR. Member

0   0   0

What kind of K-80? Trap Special? Single barrel or combo?

Richard Marshall Jr.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Why 01 and newer ?

6. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I'm looking for a Trap Special or Combo K-80.

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm curious how the term "reasonably priced" in interpreted. Anyone care to suggest how much $$$ it is? Let's say in a percentage of factory MSRP?

8. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I think reasonably priced is something that is based on age and conditon. I can't say I would pay the same amount for one that is two years old versus one that is 10 years old or one that is mint versus one that is banged up. I know personally I am looking for a decent deal. To me a decent price is something both parties feel comfortable about.

9. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

could say it any better then the above post. yes i will buy one but i wont buy one thats overpriced in my eyes

10. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Your right huntinfool, alot of sellers think their guns are worth more than they are. I don't mind paying a good price for a nice gun in great shape, but I am sure not buying one that is over priced because a guy paid retail and had it for 15 years and didn't think it depreciated at all even after 50,000 rounds.

11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

0   0   0

I know of a local guy (upstate NY) that has a combo set & an O/U for sale. I know they were purchased around 2000 but neither of them have much over 5000 rounds through them. I don't want to put his name out here, but if you want to e-mail me @ bobbyg50@frontiernet.net I will share this information. I have seen them & they are in great shape. A few minor handling marks, but overall, very nice. He was "asking" $10,500 for the combo & I forget what he wanted for the O/U. I am sure these prices are negotiable, I think he just wanted a starting point.

12. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Help me understand.

I know of two K-80 combos that are available -- both have 32" O/U barrels and 34" unsingle barrels. Barrels have original factory screw-in chokes with no modifications. Nice original factory wood with standard dimensions in a factory case. Triggers are pull & pull.

#1 was purchased new aobut 8 years ago and the fellow, who has some money and enjoys nice guns, has only used it to shoot in a summer league and it has been fired between 3,000 and 4,000 shots a year -- MAX. Gun has been maintained with care and was sent to Krieghoff about 3 years ago for routine maintenace when new hardened hammers were installed.

#2 was purchased 2 years ago by a retired gentleman who shoots at least 3 or 4 days a week and never misses the chance to shoot a marathon. The gun has been shot at least 50,000 rounds and was tuned up by Krieghoff about 6 months ago.

Both guns would grade out at about 98% condition and unless you looked at the serial numbers you'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart just by handling them.

What would you pay for each of them and why?

13. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

DB Bill,
    We need more specifics:

Are they asking the same price?
    Do they have the exact same features?
    Do they both include hard cases?
    Does one have nice wood than the other?

Come on DB Bill, this is silly, the bottom line for all these guys looking for a K-80 is that no one wants to overpay for a used gun. Sure some are different, older, more rounds fired etc. If a gun is exceptionally maintained it is hard to predict a round count atleast in my opinion. And in most cases doesn't matter. Seeing that my ljutic will go 500,000 rounds before it needs a tune up. Like I said if both parties are comfortable with the price then its good for both. In your scenario I am sure the 2 year k-80 will be asking for than the person with a 8 year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.