1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted; info on Add-on rib for Browning Citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi all,I'm considering putting an add-on rib on my Browning Citori and would like to see what you recommend.I would like it to be light weight,vented,tapered width wise rear to front to match the width of the factory rib and be removal if I don't like it.Thanks in advance.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Keensights.com has everything you need.

AndyH ;-)

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

for now-take a piece of wood 3/8" high- paint it flat black- use double back carpet tape or get meadow industries tape ( what they use for their addon rib stuff) and play with for a while--i have placed this over the center bead ( cut slot with dremmel tool) and right behind the front bead , which gets covered up by height of wood! taper the backend-- you dont need beads for now!-- beats the heck out of spending $2-300 for something you'll "try"

4. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Keensights, all the way.
    Joe Jordan

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Thanks,Keensights looks to have what I would like and lots of choices.Next question,is there an optimum height to go with?Should it be tapered,height wise?I like the balsa wood idea and taping it to my current rib but right now I'm knee deep in snow so I am doing some more research.I'm 5'11" and 165lbs. and my gun already has an adjustable butt plate and an adjustable comb if this helps your suggestions.Thanks.

6. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Thanks,Keensights looks to have what I would like and lots of choices.Next question,is there an optimum height to go with?Should it be tapered,height wise?I like the balsa wood idea and taping it to my current rib but right now I'm knee deep in snow so I am doing some more research.I'm 5'11" and 165lbs. and my gun already has an adjustable butt plate and an adjustable comb if this helps your suggestions.Thanks.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The first thing you need to ask is, what am I trying to accomplish? Why do you believe you need a taller rib? If you can't definitively answer that question you have no way to establish the dimensions of your new rib, or even get in the ball park. Unless you can define WHY you need a taller rib you are just spinning your wheels.

8. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

CS The ribs on the Citori Trap Special and the XT seems to be a good hight. Might consider trying or trading for one first. My Citori Trap Special and BT 99 plus interchange very well, as far as rib hight goes. Just a thought. Steve

9. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

wireguy,I am trying to get my head/eyes more square to the gun,as it is right now with my right eye in the proper sight picture my left eye is looking out the top left corner of my glasses.Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
add a rib citori
add a rib for browning citori trap

adding olympic add a rib to citori trap

browning cynergy remove rib
remove aftermarket rib browning sporting