1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED GOOD USED GLOCK 40 cal.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

0   0   0

Sir.....call Plaxico Burress....rumor is he has one for sale.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They are available as reconditioned units as I have them and they are sold for $519.99 and don't remember how good a price it is. Jackie B.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Check out CDNN - they often have police turn-backs, or rebuilt firearms for sale.

Not sure if they have what you want right now, but keep checking in - might even be worth a call to ask what they have in stock.

David D

4. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Model 32 which is a .357 Sig. You can purchase a .40 cal barrel and drop it right in and use the same mags.

5. Loyac

Loyac Member

0   0   0

Just purchased a NEW G22 for $541. John

6. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

0   0   0

Check out gun broker above.

7. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

0   0   0

I always put that in the wrong place.

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We usually sell standard model new Glocks for 499.00 plus shipping.

9. Bubba

Bubba Member

0   0   0

www.glocktalk.com/forums

always used 40cal for sale or trade on the forum.

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

USED GLOCK .40'S SELL FOR APP. 375.00 At many gun shops in the
    Minneapolis area.

11. MGRAY

MGRAY TS Member

0   0   0

Summit usually stocks the glock 22 -- 40 cal w/2 15 rnd mags. 350 - 385. Marty

12. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

DAn
    Email sent, I have a Glock 35 like new with additional Wolf 357 sig barrel.
    randy
    NKY
    513-543-2562

13. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

He probably wants a 40 because the 9 is a weakling compared to it. the 40 has nearly the power of a 357 Mag. JMHO. I would think for only about $125.00 difference between new and used a new would be a better deal. A friend of a friend had bought a used Glock in 45 ACP. Don't know just what model but back to the story. No manual or other info. Well they were shooting it with lead reloads and yes it blew up no injuries except for messy underware. Then came the info search and they found out you are not to use plain lead bullets. I assume this is true with all Glocks. Just thought I would pass on this little tid bit. Bill

14. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

If one blew up using lead bullets my bet would be on insufficient crimp (taper only should be used and not enough to squash the bullet but enough to withstand about a 30# push) allowing the bullet to telescope into the case on feeding causing an extreme pressure spike. Common thing in autopistols, especially if you don't sort cases, test the crimp, and don't use a hard allow bullet. I've got a blown out 9mm case that I believe this happened to.

15. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Using lead bullets in a Glock voids the warranty. Has something to do
    with the rifling.

16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

After seeing some of the prices listed it picques my interest and will check the prices out tomorrow. We normally mark our guns up twelve to fifteen per cent for guns under $400.00 and ten percent for guns over $400.00 so I would be greatly surprised that our prices would be that far off. Most guns have gone up nearly 15 percent in 2008 and I just placed my annual qualifying Benelli order and they went up and additional ten percent. Jackie B.

17. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

0   0   0

Bud's Gun Shop in Paris, KY has Glock 22 refurbs for $350.00. They are on their website, just Google Bud's Gun Shop. I bought a new Glock 22 from their shop earlier this year for $469.00.

18. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

Skybuster and EE You got it right on the head. The polygonal rifling caused a build up and bingo the blow up. Yes the warranty is voided using cast lead bullets. If the person in question would have gone online and downloaded a free maual all would have been okay. However he was in a hurry to try out his new toy and bang a blowup. As far as no safety, well they are just as safe as revolver if you don't pull the trigger. Same buch of rounds loaded by the same fellow ran jsut fine through 1911's on the same day and no there were no double charges of powder. I shoot the same fellow's reloads all the time and never a problem. It was the lead in the Glock barrel that caused the problem. I only posted the story to warn others. You can buy conventional rifled barrels that are a drop in for Glocks so you can shoot cast reloads. By the wasy the XD has the same type of trigger set up as the Glocks with the addition of a grip safety. Bill

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

0   0   0

Glocks do have a safety - 3 of them to be exact.

The barrel leads up with cast bullets. Causes an overpressure and will blow the bottom out of a .40 case. The chamber of a .40 Glock is no more less supported than most other guns. Problem arises when you start playing with 9mm pressures (high), 180 grain bullets (heavy), and a leaded up barrel (resistance). Think of loading 1 1/2oz lead with 25 grains Red Dot.

People in the know do not recommend reloading .40 period.

I have a Glock 22 and my brother in law has an XD. We both like the Glock more hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.