1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted: good first trap gun.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by black_wal_nut, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

i need a good gun, but i don't have a whole lot of money, i have a feild gun, but for shooting trap its a little difficult. i do have wood though, for trade maybe? just let me know.

steven meads

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

steve- i have beretta 302 and 303 trapguns both $700 or less-- welcome to call me --wally riebesell 660-744-4115

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

for singles or handicap a Browning BT is tough to beat in a mass-production SBT gun...

good luck...

Jay

4. Landshark

Landshark Member

0   0   0

I'm selling a practicaly new BT99 w/adj comb for $1000 shipped. It has 34" bbl, and grey laminate wood.

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A plug for MIA, check out the 870 Jack has listed above, should be a target killer for 695.

Rick

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

Browning BPS Trap or Remington Wingmaster Classic Trap. These are the only guns you should consider if you want a new gun.

The used market is much more open. The Beretta 303 is very hard to beat there.

What is your $$ limit?

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Remington 1100 or1187

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

I have a NIB BT-99 34" for #1400.00 Box included. Why selling it? Came on a trade. Great gun, I just don't shoot it.

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Used Remington 1100 is your best bet. There's a reason why they made a bazillion of them and they're still in production virtually unchanged. They just work! Proud owner of a couple beauties that aren't for sale.

Smok'n Joe

10. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

0   0   0

First, decide what type of gun you want to shoot. Second, determine your budget. Third, shop around. Here are my picks for a "good" first trap gun.

SBT: Browning BT-99

O/U: Browning Citori

Pump: Remington 870

Auto: Remington 1100

These guns can be had in older fixed choke configurations, or newer with tubes. They will hold their value so you will have something to trade if you want to "step up".

11. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

these are all good suggestions guys, thanks for the consideration, i think im going to have to save up some more $$. i wish there were more offers for wood though. in my business im always investing every spare dime i have in more wood, so as to further my inventory and different kinds of wood.

thanks again. any further suggestions or offers would help.

steven meads

12. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I agree, an older good condition BT-99 can usually be gotten for around $700. Get a fixed full 34" barrel for best overall resale. I got one for $700 and sold it three months later for $900 when I upgraded.

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Consider modifying your field gun by getting an adj comb and an adj butt pad installed. Tron does this work and he's resonably priced. Those two modifications will get you alot better fit. This might not make sense depending upon what field gun you have. What are you shooting? The hardware doesn't matter as long as it's reliable. The fit and poi are way more important.

My guess is that your field gun is difficult because it doesn't fit/shoot in the right spot for you, and any new gun you buy might put you in the same boat. You may still have the same problem(s) after spending alot more money. Why not spend a little more money and knock the smoke out of those little clay ash trays/change holders/small parts containers?

I waited until I had the money to buy a 3200 and I'm glad I did, but the stock was a straight stock and wow, I had to tip my head way over to get on the beads. Gave me fits on left handers. Bought a used stock for $50 with an adj comb and I fit it with an adj butt pad. Mostly there.

The 3200 is a great gun - "The best bang for the buck in O/Us" according to some. I love mine. It's still got to fit. There's one on here for $1250, but it needs an adj comb and an adj but pad before it could be adjusted to fit just about anybody and give you the pattern placement you need.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

good first trap gun