1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED FALLING BLOCK RIFLE IN 45/70

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by zap, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap

zap TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for a falling block rifle in 45/70 or similar caliber. Please send pictures and all specs tks Dennis

2. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What is a falling block...????

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

A really great rifle action. And then there's the rolling block, another great action. Both are single shot. Ruger #1 is one current falling block rifle available.

Bruce

4. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Nitro 27:How much are you willing to spend ? I have a Shiloh-Sharps 45-70 #1 sporter I would consider parting with.It is a Model 1874 #1 Sporter with 30in heavy Oct bbl -4xxx wood with fancy checkering- # 3 full sharps engraving pattern on a grey satin reciever-both ends of bbl are engraved.Long range rear tang sight (windage adjustable)with spirit level globe front sight with interchangeable appactures(SP).Buckhorn style rear bbl sight.Nickle silver forearm cap.Grey satin (to match reciever) engraved and checkered metal shotgun style buttplate .Double set triggers.Right hand cheek piece on stock.Gun has only been test fired at time of manufacture.NIB in cardboard box.I would ship in the original wood shiping box.No waiting period,mine was 31/2 years in early 1990`s.$5,500.00 plus actual ship cost from my FFL to yours or can be picked up in Kansas City area.Sorry but am not able to post pictures...John Wiegand (KS-OKIE).

5. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

NITRO 27, go to Gunbroker.com, click on Rifles under Firearms in the left hand column, then click on Single Shot in the top window. There are several hundred single shot rifles listed so type .45-70 in the search window on the top right. I would be very surprised if you don't get 75 or more rifles in .45-70 to come up. The Ruger #1 in .45-70 is about the most economical really good single shot in .45-70 at $750 on up; for most of the others you will pay $1,200 on up, and I do mean UP, even for reproductions such as the Browning M1885, and most of them are not as soundly designed as the Ruger. It is based, by the way, on the Farhquarson action arguably one the strongest single shot actions ever designed.

Hope you find one that fills the bill for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

45 70 falling block

45-70 sharps rifle for sale in kansas city

falling block 45-70

falling block rifle forums