1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Ducks Unlimited Medallion for SX 1

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by JPM, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Member

0   0   0

I just bought a Ducks Unlimited Winchester SX 1 that is missing the gold colored medallion that was mounted on the left side of the receiver. I'd like to find a replacement. Any ideas? Thanks, in advance.
    John Matthews

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Talk to Bill Mains, the gun engraver. He could probably reproduce one.

3. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

0   0   0

I saw one on Ebay at one time, I thought about buying it incase mine ever fell off, but missed it.

It may also be available if you search DU medallions, it was a Brass medallion of a "Larry Toshick" mallard.

Good Luck,

Will

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I thought David Maass designed that medallion as well as the prints that came with it? did the Mississippi flyway gun have a duck as well? I had one of them as well but I can't remember. Jeff

5. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

0   0   0

The print came with the Mississippi flyway not the DU gun. I will look as at one time I had the Medallion you were looking for.

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have 4 Toschik DU medallions, paperweights, 2" in diameter, could they be modified to fit? B W Teal, Gadwall, Widgeon, and white front goose.

7. shooter49

shooter49 Member

0   0   0

E-mail sent.

Vic

8. JPM

JPM Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the responses. My interest in replacing the medallion is merely cosmetic - the gun has no collector value as it has been "made over" with a new trigger group, different barrel, nitrated magazine tube, and stainless steel recoil spring tube. I bought it to serve as a back-up gun to the SX 1 that I just finished a couple of months ago. The wood is very nice and I suspect that it is original but I don't know. It just looks kind of goofy with the "spot" on the side where something obviously used to be.
    I don't know what the original medallions looked like. A photo I saw recently looked to me like a mallard rising but I might be very, very wrong.
    John Matthews

9. JPM

JPM Member

0   0   0

Thanks to Shooter49 I now have the medallion I was seeking. Thanks, very much. What a cordial transaction.
    John Matthews

10. shooter49

shooter49 Member

0   0   0

My pleasure John. Maybe we will get together for that cup of coffee one day!

Best to you.

Vic

11. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

0   0   0

John ,

You are quite lucky to have had Vic come to your aid ! !

Are you sure that you don't want to get another DU SX-1 so you can have a matched pair ?

Charlie

12. shooter49

shooter49 Member

0   0   0

Just wanted to say that I was very surprised when I got my mail this evening. What a nice person John Matthews is.

Thank you John,

Vic
    Shooter49

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ducks unlimited brass medallion

ducks unlimited medallions

sx-1 winchester du