1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted: dog training collar or recommendation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brian meyerhofer, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

My transmitter got lost for my Tri-tronics collar (discontinued model) and I am looking for a good used unit to replace it or a recommendation for a new one. Cabelas carries many brands and I am not sure if I should stick with tritronics or if there is one that might be better bang for the buck. I don't really want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars for a new one.
    Thanks in advance to everyone.
    Brian

2. 97STR

97STR TS Member

I have a used collar if you are interested. Also I have a bunch of dog training items that I am going to put on e-bay. If you are interested e-mail me.

3. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Tri Tronics or Dogtra. I have the Dogtra and it holds up very well in the S. Texas salt marshes.

I have heard of a place on the web called the Collar Clinic who sells reconditioned collars. Just a thought.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Cabel's has them. I would find one tha tis water proof. That is a must.

5. Msuhunter

Msuhunter Member

I would recommend dogtra also, I have the 1500 model and it is easy to use and moderately priced. The collar clinic in Traverse City Michigan can be very helpful. Visit their website and then call them and tell them what you are looking for. They are very helpful. They also take tradein's.

6. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

97str : I sent you an email, did you get it?
    Thanks,
    Brian

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Click the link above for a discussion from another forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.