1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Dillon SL 900 12 guage

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

0   0   0

I posted earlier for a RCBS Grand and didn't get any acceptable offers so I'm changing my request to a Dillon SL 900 in 12 guage. Does anyone have a used one for sale? Is there any reason I should stay away from this press? Here's hoping to hear from you!!

2. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

0   0   0

Once you go Blue you'll never go back. Jay

3. creek

creek Member

0   0   0

up

SOLD - It just sold today. Thanks. I have an SL900 I might part with. I bought it and never started using it. I have been so used to my MEC 9000 that I never took the time to convert.
    email me if you are interested. I live in NC and am prety sure it would need to be picked up due to weight. The price is great! SOLD
    John

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have two, and would not part with either of them.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

Last I knew this guy had one in his store for sale. He was asking $450 but I bet $400 would buy it if its still there. Thad at Gypsum Valley Sports, 785536-4000.

Martin Wilbur

6. Big Dog Dad

0   0   0

Creek - Private message & e-mail sent.

Mike

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Where in NC creek?

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

0   0   0

If you can pick one up for $400-$450 that would be a helluva deal.

Do a search on Dillon here, and you will get a range of opinions. There are a few who had one and didn't like it. There are many more like me who think they are the best, fastest press going.

Dillon's customer service cannot be topped. I bought mine used from a poster on this site. He no longer had the boxes fro shipping, so called Dillon, and they shipped him a set for free. After using it a while I tried to force something I shouldn't have, and broke a small part. I called their 800 number, explained that I was not the original owner, and that it was my fault the part broke. Their reply was "It doesn't matter, it's a Dillon, we stand behind it!". They took my contact information and sent me the part overnight, with no charge even for shipping. Whenever I have needed anything, it just takes a call to them, and it is shipped the next day, no charge. Last year I had a couple of issues I couldn't resolve myself, so boxed it up and sent it back to them for a complete overhaul. One of the issues was the electric motor on the shell feeder ran very slow at startup, and took a few minutes to get up to speed. It said very clearly in the documentation that the motor was not Dillon's and had a limited warranty, for which I was way out of date. The press came back to me in a couple of weeks, fully overhauled and working perfectly, including a new motor. My only cost was shipping it to them. Everything else, including return shipping and the new motor Dillon covered.

My main problem with the press is keeping it fed. I'm always running out of something because it makes shells so fast. Right now I have no empty hulls. A few weeks ago it was no shot and primers. After I get some hulls I'll soon be out of powder. It's amazing how one can run through components when you can load 500 or more per hour without breaking a sweat.

Finally, with a Dillon you don't need bushings or charge bars, just a good scale. If you want to throw 18.3 grains of Clays and 437.5 grains of shot, you just set the adjustable charge bars to throw those amounts. If you want to change to something else, just do it - it only takes a minute or two. It's one of the fastest presses going, and hell for stout.

9. mt92

mt92 Member

0   0   0

I disagree this was my first shotshell reloader and I have since tried p/w and will never use anything but the SL-900 on 12,20,28.
    Everything is case activated so you will spill less than any other progressive. and if you pay attention you will not have any problems.

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

My advice always is to try one out if you can. Had them all and the P\W makes me the happiest but as always the choice is yours.

11. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

where did the "spill plenty" of powder and shot post come from? a confused mec 900(0) reloader? it can't happen on a dillon unless you're seriously screwing up. 20 rounds of perfection per minute, easily. if you can pick one up with a casefeeder for $450, that would be a steal: $450 without one would be a great price. consider what you're asking for: a 900 is like a dillon aero minigun. anything else is pretty much like a high quality, american made six shooter. one naturally demands a higher degree of attention when in motion than the other. know what i mean? good luck with it

12. Big Dog Dad

0   0   0

13. j l c

j l c TS Member

0   0   0

I have one I might part with. Where are you located?

14. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

0   0   0

My first progressive was a Dillon which I liked a lot but had some quirks I did not like and some I could not fix. I quickly sold it for a P/W 800+ and have never looked back. I think the P/W is the best loader out there. It loads some of the best looking reloads ever and you never have to change a thing.

15. Big Dog Dad

0   0   0

j l c,

I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh. Let me know.

Mike

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

I stopped by the guy that I posted on today and he has sold his thus disregard.

17. j l c

j l c TS Member

0   0   0

A bit far away. I am located in Central Illinois.

18. Big Dog Dad

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.