1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED - Browning Mdl 12 --- 20ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have a Browning Model 12 20ga (Grade 1 - no engraving). It's a joy to carry for upland and rabbits. But be advised that, due to its light weight, it has a pretty stout kick. Especially if you leave the hard plastic buttplate on it. I suggest you get an extra stock, cut it down to fit your daughter, and put a really soft pad on it.<br.
    <br>
    I could kick myself for not getting one in 28ga.

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

There is a used grade V 28 gauge listed a little farther down the page. It has some scratches but it would be better for the girl than the 20 and his price isn't bad.

3. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Hi DB Bill....There is a 2 gun set on Gunbroker right now...don't know how you feel about buying there. The set is a Grade 1 and a Grade 5 same serial numbered. It is at $1800 right now with no reserve, so apparently it will sell.

FWIW....I paid $2000 for the 20 ga Grade 5 and a .410 in Grade 5 together NIB about 3 years ago...I suppose they have gone up since then somewhat.

They are not altogether uncommon and they seem to go in spurts on Gunbroker, but it does seem as though I'm seeing less of them recently.

The gun you saw was the ONLY 20 gauge gun I owned when Liz started to shoot so I said "what the heck", why save it for somebody elses kid?

I found a shortened trap buttstock from a 12 gauge that Stu Wright modified a little to fit the 20 frame....It stands a little proud at the receiver, but otherwise works OK.

I don't know if you are anywhere near Northern Ohio, but my main gun buyer is in Tulsa right now as I type...he could probably surface one. He is the guy that got mine for me.

Bob T

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

The suggestions are correct. The 20ga kicks pretty hard. I'm 6 feet tall and 185 lbs. and I felt the recoil. Get your daughter the 28. Good luck. John

5. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

DB Bill, The gun you are looking for is listed on Collectorsfirearms.com. There are pictures, and they have it listed for $1695.00 like new condition.

6. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

DB Bill, There is another one on ivorybeads.com. Mint condition, never fired or assembled. Listed for $1295.00.

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have a Winchester 20ga that is engraved, gold birds, and killer highly figuired wood for 1200.00 plus shipping. Email me. Todd

8. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Emails have been sent. Todd

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I think I bought a set of Brownings,Gr.V from Gene Sears at Vandalia,Ohio (GAH)
    3 guns / 20,28,410. I thought that was just a few years ago. Matching serials.
    He had 2 skids of Brownings out in front of booth. I thought everbody there bought a set of guns. Likely that was 20 yrs. ago.Maybe Longer!!Better have a look / Have not looked at these in some time.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.