1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted:Browning Citori expert re:configurations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,In shopping for a used Monte Carlo Trap 12 gauge Citori I came across variances in the configurations and would like to know the following(if someone out there knows);what year did they start the XT,when did they start making the rib tapered,when did they start putting vents between the barrels,when was porting started,when was invector plus chokes started,when did they change from being "Made in Japan" to being "Made in Japan/Miroku",there were also different styles of forends but I don't know what the designs would be called.Thank you for any information provided.Also,the silver nitride finish does not seem as durable as bluing;I have seen used 1980s fixed choke guns that still look good on the underlugs of the barrels and I have seen new in box XTs that look all beat up on the bottom of the underlugs.Thoughts?/Thank you.

2. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The XT came out in 2006. I think there was the Ultra XT before that.

The invector plus was put in the target guns first in
    1990. The Citori Plus intoduced in 1990 had vents between the barrels.

My experince with any "silver" colored finish like nickel has not been as good as blued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.