1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Broken Shell Extractor

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by SYLHOUETTE, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SYLHOUETTE

SYLHOUETTE TS Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

try using an oversized cleaning brush. insert from the chamber end push past the broken case and then pull back. broken cases are usually caused by over worked brass. be carefull especially with magnums

2. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

Joe,

Wonder if you could use the one for .308? Unscrew it, push it inside the case until it "catches" on the mouth, insert cleaning rod and push out.

Regards,
    Jim

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think he wants a shell extractor that is broken.

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Did ya get a face full of gas?

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I do not know what kind of extractor you will get, but I am familiar with the military ones. The M-14 broken shell extractors (.308) were too short to use in an M-1 or a springfield (30-06). I'll bet the .308 one would be too short for that long 300 WIN mag case. The military ones grip the broken cartridge case by the mouth and the extractor on the rifles bolt pulls out the tool once it snaps onto the case mouth. Good luck

6. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

Leo,
    The extractor sold by Brownell's is a two piece arrangement, screwed together. Jim

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks, I had never seen that style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.