1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted/Baker choke tube like this (picture)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Neil Winston, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

0   0   0

John, I _think_ they are just standard "Winchokes" from an earlier era, but still available I'm sure.

Neil

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

If a Winchoke will fit--then I think a Standard Browning nvector will also fit!

3. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

0   0   0

DO NOT INSTALL a standard Winchoke or Invector in a .743 barrel. The standard Winchoke is designed for a .730 bore, Invector .725 bore. If you fire your gun the shot and wad will hit the rim of choke tube. BYE BYE Barrel, and maybe you.
    Tom

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

0   0   0

I've just measured a handful of Winchokes and if you had a bunch to choose from, that might have the correct constriction, you could get lucky. The "mouth/entrance/throat" or whatever you want to call it, bore at the beginning of the tube is .743"-.744" on a couple of them. But they're only 1.5" long, for the notched versions which would go into your barrel.

If I were you, I'd get ahold of Steve Baldwin in OKC, he's made a ton of these with whatever bore you want, I've got a set of "Winchokes" he made that are 3" long and the throat on them are about .750". He'd make them whatever length/bore/constriction you need.

This is the latest contact info I have for him:

Steve Baldwin
    2828 NW 10th St
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107

Oh, and, when Stan Baker did the "swaged" barrels on Winchesters, the tubes he used on those would most likely fit your barrel. I'm about 99% sure those were "Teague" chokes, made in the UK. They had/have a full taper to the muzzle without a parallel section. Don't look down your nose at them either, they patterned exceptionally well.

5. opa41

opa41 TS Member

0   0   0

I have 2 Baker barrels and extra choke tubes.Call me at 954-629-8975 or E-Mail
    George Dyll

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I can second Steve Baldwin.. He made some bunker chokes for me... FANTASTIC..

7. lowhioverall

lowhioverall TS Member

0   0   0

John:

I think I might have some tubes as you describe. They were on a Baker
    1100 barrel and were retired when the barrel tang developed a crack. Stan's
    grandson who was continuing the business didn't want to mess with the
    barrel suspecting it had poor metal to begin with. This happened about 4 years ago.

I'm wintering in Texas and won't return home to Michigan until mid April when I can re-examine them. Email is jjcortright1@i-star.com. Judging by
    earlier posts, you are probably already set. Just thought I'd add.

Jan Cortright

8. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

0   0   0

ATA John, I have a BT-99 with a full set of choke tubes like the one you show in the picture. At the time Stan made them, he said they were the same as the Invector Plus tubes only the Invector Plus tubes were a little longer & thus would stick out the barrel a bit. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.