1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted B-80 Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayne t, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne t

wayne t TS Member

I am looking for a 12 gauge 3" mag B-80 barrel for my sons gun. His Grandfather passed away and left it to him with a slug barrel and he wants an everyday shooter. He would prefer a barrel with invector chokes but any barrel will do. Thanx Wayne

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A 303 barrel will work, maybe easier to find.

HM

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A 390 barrel will work. I bought a B80 barrel from MIA for my 390 and works great. Jackie B.

4. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

The B80 and Beretta 301, 302, 303, 304 series barrels are the same (except for chokes), the 390 barrel is not.

5. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

Hi Jack,
    I shoot a 30" 303 barrel on my 390. I found out how to make it work from some of the helpful folk on this forum! If the 303 or B-80's forend is relieved, or the gas block is ground down to the dimensions of the 390's block, the 30* or B80 barrel will work on the 390. But I believe that the 390 barrels gas block is different than the 30* and B80. My 390 barrel has the gas bleed holes on the muzzle end of the gas block, and the attatching spring has a seal that blocks the holes unless excess pressure compresses the spring and bleeds off the pressure. The B80 or 30* does not have the holes on the front of the barrel, nor does the spring have a seal on it. Also, the B-80's forend is not vented like the 390's, so the gas would exit into the forend. I don't beleive it would be possible to use the 390 barrel on the B80 for this reason. Any other Beretta guys care to chime in?

6. halfmile

Lurker, welcome to the 80's when outsourcing became a reality. You have to stop with the catnip.

Beretta built the B80 for Browning. You will find the PB in an oval logo on the B80 barrels.

HM

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I gotcha Madmark. Just because the B80 barrel with work on a 390 doesn't mean that the 390 barrel with work on the B80. That's where that word assume can get me in trouble. I will have to go over to my shop and open the gun safe just to see the difference. My mistake. Jackie B.

8. halfmile

303 is a direct interchange. 390 vents out of the front end of the cup, will not work on 303 or B80.

Once again, A 303 barrel will work on a B80 and Vice versa. I don't know how all this 390 stuff crept in here.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

b-80 barrels