1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted! 4.5# Rem 12GA 1100 Trigger Job or Asmbly

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Santo101979, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santo101979

Santo101979 TS Member

0   0   0

Immediate need for a Remington 1100 Classic Trap replacement trigger or trigger job. Original trigger work done by gun smith and came out too light. I believe that the sear was modified by the gunsmith, altering the sear angle.

Looking for a replacement trigger assembly or a trigger job on the existing unit to get the trigger at 4-4.5 pounds.

Please let me know if you have any advice or can help with a new Trigger Assembly or perform the Trigger Job.

Thanks!
    Daniel Hudson

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Daniel,

Have you tried replacing the spring?

If that doesn't work, I've got a couple assmeblies available.

3. Santo101979

Santo101979 TS Member

0   0   0

Joe,
    Depending on the condition, I'd be interested in a stock factory trigger unit. Let me know what ya got. Email me some pics if you can and let me know what you'd take for them.

Thanks,

Dan

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Take the trigger spring out and strech it, or replace it with a heavier spring. HMB

5. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

0   0   0

A proper trigger job may consist of polishing the sear faces and slightly altering the angle and amount of contact. Sometimes the spring rate and/or seat pressure may be altered slightly, but any trigger job that depends on spring change as the primary (or sole) component is wrong.

If the contact amount and/or angle(s) are not proper and have the trigger pull too light, changing to a heavier spring (or trying the expedient of stretching an existing spring) is an improper fix and should only be considered at most as an expedient and very temporary fix.

The Remington trigger assembly does depend on sufficient spring tension pressure to hold the engagement, but it is not like a parking brake i.e. intended to hold against an inverse slope just by applying more pressure than what currently exists. If the contact is wrong, a heavier spring does not alter that fact, so why push your luck. A spring can fatigue over time and dirt or old lube can interfere with the spring rate effectiveness by induction of parts lag. The sear faces that are altered wrong may be susceptible to increased wear and consequently not keep the apparent level of contact and consequent release pressure constant for any particular period of time.

Trigger work on altered parts is always chancy. I never know the level or lack of competence held by the former technician - if possible to be called as such, so some situations are better to have unaltered components to use for creating a superlative conclusion. Starting from a "known" condition is always easier than altering from the "unknown".

A fair amount of my work is to rework something than another has "fixed" but still fails to work in service. Sometimes the job has been through as many as 4 shops before I see the results that still fail to function, but every one of those shops had stated the problem was solved.

Trigger problems are seldom solved by anything less than an expert's input. I hope that you have a fortunate end result to your situation.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.