1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED 30-06

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by COBIGGUNJR12, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COBIGGUNJR12

COBIGGUNJR12 TS Member

Wanted bolt action 30-06 for a good price. please email me for any offers.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My personal favorite is the M77MK II Ruger All Weather. It is ready to run, already having scope rings and integral mounts. It is the ACME of the 1898 Mauser Commercial actions.

They are almost indestructable. Mine will shoot near 1/2 MOA with military brass and 170 gr Lapua Scenar bullets. I can push a 165 gr Spitzer Boat Tail hunting bullet to over 2900 fps without straining or red lining anything. This gives me a 280 yard point blank range. If needed, I can make a 375 yard shot with a hold 4-6" over the shoulder of a deer. A 200 gr Nosler Partition can be pushed to over 2600 fps. If this bullet will not put a critter down, it belongs in a Zoo!

Hard to beat the 30/06, too. When using bullets over 175 gr, the 308 is left in the dust.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Browning is another fabulous gun and action. They can use a Moyer's trigger, and tend to have short magazines, but will generally outshoot most other rifles.

I have two A Bolts that will shoot in the high twos, but prefer a clone of the '98 Mauser for field use.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have a reblued remington 30-06 with a weaver tip off mount I would let go pretty cheap. It is an autoloader though. It has 2 clips and shoots pretty good.$400 to your FFL

5. trap906

trap906 Member

the best bargain is the new marlin bolt gun, xl7 or aomething like that, has marlins version of accu-trigger. groved bolt body, ala browning, safety and bolt handle like a 700 remington. really good rifle, brand new usually selling for right at $300...made in USA

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Years ago I started buying 3006 ammo at Auction Sales all surplus . About a year ago My wife told me to get it out of the basement . I have 107 ammo cans full plus some 700 round tins . Most of this ammo was bought for ten bucks a can .

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110122727 here is a placev that has new Mossberg ATRs for a little over $250

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Steve,,tell me about your Win Mod. 70's,,,I lost my Fathers' (hand-me-down), some years back,,,I loved that gun, and wouldn't mind replacing it (Lord knows I don't need a another gun), but I have an empty space in my safe,,,and you know how that is.
    E-Mail me please,
    Thank you, Norman

9. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

i have a savage 110 e bolt with a bushnell 4 by 12 scope 22 inch barrell i will take $350 plus shipping cell 925 628 9755 california

10. Afree1

Afree1 TS Member

I have a beautiful Winchester Mod 70 Featherweight in 30-06. It was made in the 80's but has seen very little use. I would like to get $500 out of the gun, which would include the scope rings. Email me if interested.
    Alan

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone know where to buy a tip-off mount for an older Rem .308 auto?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.