1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted~~~209 Remington Primers~~~

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by AveragEd, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have almost 5,000 but I don't want to sell them. However, I've been thinking about what I'll do when those are gone and from what I've been able to learn, the CCI 209 is closest to the Remington 209. I always thought the Winchester 209 was but it seems that isn't true.

Ed

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

0   0   0

I've found that Wolf 209 primers work great and seat flush in Remington hulls. Been using them for quite a while now. ....Rick

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Chedite primers work just fine in the Remington hulls. HMB

4. porky

porky TS Member

0   0   0

Out at the NYS Empire Grand Shoot (5/9- 5/13), the Remington primers were going for $ 210.00 plus tax for a sleeve. You gotta really want them for that price.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

High Way robbery. HMB

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I would run a drill bit through the primer pocket before I paid what Rem wants for primers. I stopped loading Rem hulls because of the problem that Unloader mentions. I ran out of AA's and recently loaded 200 STS with Nobel Sport primers and didn't have any primers that protruded more than a few thousands. I was surprised. Win and Ched primers never did seat well.

7. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

When ever I need to load W209 or Fed 209's in a once-fired Remington hull, I pull out an old MEC 600 Jr to deprime and prime them. After the first time there are no further issues.

Michael

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I loaded Federal 209As in STS hulls for years. If Winchester 209s fit like them, I have no problem using them - the 209As stood just a hair proud on once-fired hulls and were flush after that.

Ed

9. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gary, I heard a rumor the other day that Remington is getting out of the reloading business. You might want to try the Wolf primers as suggested. They're made in Russia, but they are exact duplicates of the Remington's and the same size as Winchester's. I've been using Wolf's for 3 years now. Not one poofer...

Kevin

10. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Crow shooting supply [ Montezuma, Iowa ] had them in March when we ordered supplies.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wolf primers are cheap and the few guys I know using them as rem replacements are very happy

12. THALL

THALL Member

0   0   0

Loaded at least 20,000 STS/Nitro 27 with Noble Sport primer...not a problem at all. Tim Hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.