1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want West Highland White Terrier - older

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz white, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

My 13 YO Westie was poisoned last summer, probably by student(s) that I had disciplined in the past when a school administrator.

The little fella finally succumbed at 2:00 AM Monday morning in my arms. I was with him all day and every minute up until his last breath... that's why I wasn't around the shop taking Perazzi parts calls most of the day, Monday. Pretty sad day around the house, and has remained so.

I am 64, so I don't want a puppy, but I would like to get a 6-9 YO neutered male from a good family who either can't have a dog, are moving, or moving into a retirement home, etc.

I have has several dogs in my life, an English Springer for birds, and others, but I have enjoyed this Westie beyond belief. He was my "Velcro Dog" who loved to pay, and chase, and just be at my side 24/7.

If you know of a situation that fits my wishes, I would be willing to fly most anywhere to pick up the critter. You can email me at the above.

I will be out of town for the next several days attending daughter's law school graduation in Mpls - leaving in about 6-7 hours.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

2. TC

TC TS Member

Sorry to hear, hope you find one. Tony

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Those miserable, evil, criminals....to kill someone's beloved pet is tantamount to killing their child...I am sorry to hear it. I write this while my 14 year old Westie sleeps by my feet. Please, contact the police. See if there is a hungry pro-bono lawyer who will SUE THE EVIL LITTLE BASTARD AND HIS/HER PARENTS....

Do a Google search of Westie breeders, websites, etc. I know you can get another one.

Westie's are the best, most courageous little dogs!

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats a sad story Whiz. I sure hope you find another pal soon

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

White Whiz, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know that with a bit of research you'll find a new friend that will help ease your pain, and bring joy back to your life.

6. charlie01

charlie01 TS Member

Whiz, I had a westie when I was growing up as a kid, great dog. Sorry for the way things had to end for yours. Some people respect nothing or nobody, probally something they picked up from their parents. Nice to hear you want a mature westie as a new companion, as puppys don't have the problem's finding a home as an aldult dog does. As someone above mentioned there are breed specific rescue's for all dogs. My current 24/7 dog is an Italian greyhound, also like velcro. Great dogs! Good luck on your search.

7. dzeh

dzeh Member

Go to www.petfinder.org You can search for any breed and find one close to you. I found a golden retriever that way.

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Sad news Whiz...at least you were together at the end. Might I respectfully suggest you do not discount the other small terrier breeds...Cairn, Australian etc... big hearts in wee dogs. Kind regards-Graham.

9. ctreay

ctreay Member

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I would not have problem to cast the first stone at those heartless dog killing SOBs. May they suffer intense pain when the day come.

I lost our dog on Aug.16, '06, bone cancer at age 12, there has not been a day I don't miss her. I know the feeling.

Remember all the memories you had with your best friend, and may you find new joy soon. Best regards.

11. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Very sad, very courageous. Wishing you the best. And CONGRATULATIONS to your law school grad daughter,~ a J.D. in the family, wow!

With regrets and best regards,
    Sportshot.

http://www.westierescueca.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.