1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to trade powder? Int Clays, 800X for ????

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by gncc600, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a new 8 pounder of IMR 800X and 12 pounds of International Clays that I would like to trade for a powder that will give me faster loads. 1300+ I'm located in Southern IL/IN area

2. chromee

chromee TS Member

0   0   0

25 grains 800X with 1 1/8 works great when shooting games at 40 yards. It's just a little dirty. Not very clean burning.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

International for 1oz loads and 800X for 1 1/8oz or 1 1/4oz are just about optimal powders for what you need. You can easily exceed 1300fps. with these powders. Other powders that come to mind are Longshot, WSF. or 4756 but there is not much of a trade off.

Robert

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

0   0   0

gncc600,

What neck of the woods do you hail from? I've been known to spend a little time down that away.

If you ever get a chance to come to Spencer's shoot, do so. They shoot on the first and third Saturdays.

ec90t

5. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

0   0   0

I usually shoot at Vincennes, Oaktown, Round Grove, and Robinson. I didnt get to shoot much this year but I didn't miss much last year. I have not been to spencer but I might have to check it out. I'm pretty much a weekend shooter only these days with work taking my entire week up. But hey anyone who has a job right now needs to hold on to it. Thanks for the invite.

I'm looking to push 1 1/8oz. Mainly for games where long shots have to be made. I have tried longshot in the past and have had bad luck with it. Its a bit much for what I want. It seems like its hard to find something in between 1250-1350 range. I would like to keep the pressure down around 10k-11k so I don't like pushing 800X or International to 1300fps.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

0   0   0

I used to go over and shoot Round Grove on Monday's. I was one of the bunch that would come over from Indy. I work so late these days that I can't get over there much anymore. I still see Jim and Roger every once in a while. I might go to Robinson on New Years day if the weather isn't too bad. I shot with Charly in one of the pics @ Bogard the night before Thanksgiving.

Look up info on Universal Clays for a 1 1/8 oz load. You'll find some published loads for the speed you want. It shoots fairly soft, but is a bit dirty.

ec90t

7. d endicott

d endicott Member

0   0   0

Sent you an email.

8. d endicott

d endicott Member

0   0   0

since you won't answer my email.....how much for the 800-x only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.