1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to purchase ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ouch, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

I am looking for useable copies of Firearms Assembly and Dissasembly, Rimfire Rifles.Volumes 1,2,and 3. by J.B. Wood if you have one or ? for sale please pm me with the info.

I may be interested in other firearms drawing, and/or Gunsmithing books. Thankyou! Richard

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I found Part III on Amazon for $555.00 plus $3.99 shipping. What's up with that? I have a copy that is not for sale, that I found at a used book store a few years ago for $6. My gun book collection may be worth more than I thought!

3. ouch

ouch Member

They are out of print, But I'd bet they would make a comeback at that price!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some gunshops have the most ridiculous prices. I've been purchasing out of print books lately, and have been paying between $5 and $15 for them. Yet some book stores have these same books prices from $50 to $175. It's insane.

Are there rare books that demand staggering prices? Yes, because of rarity and demand. But the ones I ordered certainly did not fall into that category.

One things that can be done is to use the ILL service (Inter-Library Loan). Just go to your local library with the name of the book, the author and if possible the ISBN and they'll check a network of participating libraries and have the book sent to them. You can then check it out like any library book. I've done this to gleen info from books that have been out of print for decades and are commanding prices in the $400 to $600 range.

5. ouch

ouch Member

Brian, I have used that library service and am happy such a service exist. In this instance I'm trying to help a young fellow get into gunsmithing, He has great mechanical talent and the desire to learn.

I gave him my library and am going to buy several books from a poster that responded to this thread. There are more rimfire rifles in Ohio than shot guns and this book search will hopefully yield this book. Thanks, Richard

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click the above link - perhaps something there may be of assistance to you.

WW

7. ouch

ouch Member

Thank you Whiz, That is a great help. I would still like to find this book. I located one on the net for $99.00 plus shipping. I'm not that interested but I would go $40.00. Richard

8. ouch

ouch Member

9. ouch

ouch Member

10. ouch

ouch Member

I am still lokking for this book and Possibly any other gunsmithing books and tools. Thankyou! Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.