1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to know: Value of 870 Comp. Single Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have a very clean 870 single shot trap. Pretty wood, some bluing wear, but not bad. Wood is very nice. These were the old kind that had the single shot with the gas relief to reduce felt recoil. Wish to know its realistic value on resale to private party.

Thanks

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I'd be interested in seeing one of those single shot 870s. Someone smarter than me will have to give you a value on it.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've had a few of those over the years. Sounds like the one you're descibing is in about 90% condition. A good shooter is worth between $350-$500. This is assumeing that there are no cracks in the receiver (from shooting the gun with the barrel nut loose) and all the piston parts are there.

ec90t

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Yeah, no cracks, wood nice, receiver nice, all piston parts there. Shooting the gun is like a trip to yesteryear. I'm open to trades for anything of equal value, say an obsolete Reminton 90-T, a Perrazi TM1, an Ithica 4E or something like that. I also used to work for P.T. Barnum.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I just sold one on GB for $675 a month ago. It was a 98% gun

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Chango, a lot depends on whether the choke has been worked on. Untouched the gun may fetch $550 or $600. The choke should measure about 0.038 or so down from a bore close to 0.738. If the choke has been opened the price drops like a stone to three or three and a half if you can sell it at all.

Neil

7. Joey  S.

Joey S. TS Member

Chango2,
    If you are interested, I have a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag in stainless steal
    (non fluted cylinder) with 6-1/2" barrel, I would trade for the 870 comp.
    Sincerely,
    Joe S.

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks all; this is a very clean shooter and the barrel is stock. I'll likely hang on to the gun and try and scrounge some parts that might wear out over the years...but I really don't plan to shoot the gun much at all...IMO, Remington ought to bring these things back as an alternative to the 391 trap, and the 1100 trap. Bet they'd sell..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.