1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to keep your guns?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I voted for Bush because I wanted to keep my guns! Never again........

2. RBur

RBur TS Member

Hipshot3, plese let us know what type of guns you have lost while Mr. Bush has been president.

Ron Burdick

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Good question Ron. As I recall we regained some rights under Bush that were lost under Clinton.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

We have lost the kind of gun we could have bought when the price of gas wasn't $3.45 @ GAL, when the interest rate was 2 points lower, when the price of my house was up 30% more, the when the 2nd job I want to get was avaiable...not occupied by an illegal, when my social security was more secure, when 500,000,000 of my tax dollars were not flushed down the toilet, etc, etc, etc. I don't want HRC, but this guy is no Regan or Bush 41.

JON

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I'm sorry did I miss something? I thought it was Dubya who let the 1994 Clinton AW ban expire and put high cap mags back for sale for one fifth of what they cost before the ban and ARs with collapsible stocks, bayonet lugs, etc back for sale in the 40 or so states that still allow them. (I don't live in one of them - I have to shoot my AR clone without a bayonet lug attached and a fixed stock)

Bush 1? By executive order in 1989 banned the importation of FOREIGN (read Chinese) pattern military clone rifles largely because they stood a good chance of putting US gun makers out of business! I remember when you could get a MACHINED receiver Poly Tech AK for under $300 and the stamped receiver Norinco ones went for $200!! And they were more reliable than Colt AR-15s and more ACCURATE than Ruger Mini-14s! Bush 1 weakly proposed but never fought for - a 15 round magazine capacity limit, knowing full well it wouldn't pass.

Clinton "1" banned 19 rifles including the AR-15 by name, imposed the 10-rd magazine capacity limit (what good does that do when four or five armed thugs kick your door in?) and the features ban.

Clinton "2" plan was and is to expand the assault weapons list to ALL clones including Bushmaster, Armalite, Rock River, DPMS, etc; INCLUDES the stealthy Ruger Mini-14 - that managed to stay off every federal and state proposed ban list because Bill Ruger Senior sold out before he died and proposed the capacity limits on magazines AFTER he realized his Mini-14 wasn't gaining military acceptance on a large scale and neither was his P-85 9mm pistol with military or police contracts and he saw his business as catering to the cowboy action and hunting markets.

Clinton "2" lead by Schumer would have mandated a SIX ROUND magazine capacity limit (Brady-II, 1996); an arsenal license for possessing twenty firearms OR
    one firearm and 500 rds of ammo OR PRIMERS. (so, a BT-99 and two splits of shells or a BT-99 and a half sleeve of primers and no loaded rounds would constitute "an arsenal" under Clinton's Brady II

McCarthy has a bill right now called "HR 1022" the Law Enforcement Officers Protecttion Act" that basically bans any firearm from a Ruger 10/22 on up
    (that's an easy way to remember what this bill does)

It also bans my beloved 1100 and Tron's beloved 391 as "assault weapons" by banning the receiver as an "assault weapons" component and bans PARTS TO REPAIR OR REFURBISH existing assault weapons.

Oh and by the way, in addition to these ludicrous communist anti-armed civilian proposals, the Clintons would have fought for not only a ban on .50 cal BMG but also a "performance based" standard to classify any ammunition that can penetrate an NIJS rated level 2A (soft) kevlar vest as.... ARMOR PIERCING.

That for those of you out there who still need an eductation, means, virtually ALL CENTERFIRE RIFLE AMMUNITION (and hence the guns) would be banned

And we still have some people here supporting democrats????? Honestly, they need to be drug tested!

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

And for those of you who are lamenting the other foreign military pattern rifles banned in 1989, I submit, you have US clones of the HK -91, FN-FAL and others for sale right now in states w/o AW bans. And the Bulgarian SLR AK clones are among the finest seen since the Chinese Polys were banned.

I've been trying for 2 yrs to find a buyer for my like new DSA-58 (FAL clone - almost perfect FN civilian clone), so it seems the demand for those wasn't that great to start with

7. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

A coule questions for you stevel -

**Clinton "1" banned 19 rifles including the AR-15 by name, imposed the 10-rd magazine capacity limit (what good does that do when four or five armed thugs kick your door in?) and the features ban**

1. When's the last time 4 or 5 thugs kicked your door in?

2. Did you kill them all?

3. When do you think they might do so again?

4. What are you involved in that they want to kick in your door?

5. Reynolds or Alcoa?

8. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

kolardude.

You're serious?

Shiny side in or out?

9. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

smokerz - what is your point? if any?

Defense from home invasions is a very real issue - especially in my area.
    desperate hoodlums, unafraid of police and armed - storm into homes, three, four, five at a time hoping to shock
    what they believe are helpless, politically corrected and pussified suburbanites into submission, torture, rape and become their victims.

I live in CT the state where the home invasion of the Petit family in Cheshire, CT that made national news not long ago occurred and just last night in another CT town not far from me, a homeowner shot a home invader who charged at him.

Either make your real point, or can it with your snide remarks.

Or maybe you'll just volunteer to hand over your guns first if we have a hillary white house?

Wake up and smell the coffee, and stop being a jerk with your snide and uncalled for taunts

10. jackaroo

jackaroo TS Member

i think "keeping our guns" is just used as a tool at election time to get votes from people that otherwise would be smart enough to realize they have no other reason to vote republican. just like the abortion issue, some people voted for bush because he is against abortion. well eight years later and nothing has changed.

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Made my donation about a month ago... Ron looks like he is making this real!

12. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Or maybe you'll just volunteer to hand over your guns first if we have a hillary white house?**

Good grief! Not Hillary or anyone else is going to be able to confiscate everyone's guns. That's just plain nonsense. What I don't understand is the reason you make such outrageous claims. What you're doing is just plain fearmongering. Perhaps you learned that from Bush. It's been an effective technique for him.

13. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

fearmongering learned from Bush???? What the hell??

Let's see, Diane Feinstein, 1995 direct verbatim quote to Barbara Walters on ABC's 20/20 being interviewed about the 1994 Clinton Assault Weapons ban (as part of the Crime Bill) - her quote: "If could have gotten the votes to ban them all, Mr. and Mrs. America, TURN THEM ALL IN - I would have done it."

Smokerz - why don't you ask former gun owners in the UK about confiscation being "nonsense"? Why not ask the citizens coping with the aftermath of Katrina
    about confiscation being "nonsense"?

The only nonsense being posted here is from you

14. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Let's see, Diane Feinstein, 1995 direct verbatim quote to Barbara Walters on ABC's 20/20 being interviewed about the 1994 Clinton Assault Weapons ban (as part of the Crime Bill) - her quote: "If could have gotten the votes to ban them all, Mr. and Mrs. America, TURN THEM ALL IN - I would have done it."**

She couldn't then and never will get the votes. What's your point, that someone has a nutty idea which is rejected? So what? People have nutty ideas every day.

Look out! The Boogeyman (or Boogeywoman) is gonna' getcha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Our Democrat/Liberal brethren have no grasp of historical fact.

Point in fact would be the way that the Social Security has been bastardized by the elected democrats.....

And that's just "ONE" point of historical reference!

Curt

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is not a George Bush or a Clinton. Take the time to check into his voting record and his ideas for the future and then make a decision about him as a presidential candidate. Writing him off just because of his party affiliation is mistake.

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Hey smoker z ganja- You are a liberal anti-gun troll.It's not even possible for a shooter to have their head as far up their ass as you do. What's up? junior high get out early today? Take a little time in study hall one of these days and do a little research on these topics. You may learn something.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ron.....I didn't lose any guns. What I meant is that Gun Control issues will not be the ONLY/MAIN reasons I ever vote for someone again.It will be what a candidate stands for on ALL the issues....not just about guns. I voted for dumbell Bush mainly because he was progun.......got screwed on all other issues[AS YOU KNOW]!

19. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

** Gotta love a guy who scares them that much.**

I do, I do. While I don't think I could ever vote for Paul - he's just too wacky on some subjects - he's a real pain in the side of the mealy-mouthed other candidates.

His response to Romney, "Call your LAWYERS?? Why don't you just read the Constitution?" is a classic.

20. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

She couldn't then and can't now get the votes???? With a democratic majority?

You need to be reminded that the original 1994 AW ban was tied in the senate
    and Gore had to cast the tie breaking vote.

In my home state of CT, a similar ban was passed the year before in 1993.

It passed by ............. ONE vote.... in a barely legal quorum at 3:00 am

The new tactic for these bills is to be included in committee bills, like the 2001 DoD appropriations bill was, after 9/11 happened. 99 senators voted for it, to increase military pay among other things. 99 senators did not see the one paragraph inserted by (D) Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan that would have banned all military surplus equipment (DCM/CMP rifles in particular) and mandated their owners to surrender them AND pay to have them destroyed with an opportunity to repurchase the scrap metal.

The language was removed in a subsequent conference committee because the House version lacked the same language.

Senator Levin's "nutty" idea almost became law that day.

smokerz is either a gullible dolt, or more likely an antigun troll just stirring up the pot. Either way, it's obvious he doesn't listen to facts - he just jumps out with half baked presumptions, insults and accusations - like most liberals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.