1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to have a wood pfs grip made?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Herman63, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

0   0   0

I been thinking I want to get a wooden grip made for my beretta 687.

Here is what I am thinking. I have a 687 SP eell combo and the wood stock absolutely hammers my face no matter what I do to it. I have been told it looks like a left handed stock. Well I have been shooting a pfs on it and have been thinking I would like to have the stock made into a pfs grip and wondered if someone could do that. If I am thinking right doing this will fix the issue with it being left handed and would match my the wood on the forearm. I also would like the adjustable comb used also.

Please email if you can do this or if you know someone to put me in contact with.

Thanks, Herman from KY

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Herman, why don't you find a local painter (high end) and have him paint and woodgrain your pfs, your grip and comb to match the best you can. This way you can sell gun at a later date with the orginal wood!!! You can still find some of these painters here and there and can match your forestock wood right on. To totally hack up a good EELL stock for just the grip sounds like it will cost you alot at both ends of the deal. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

I have used and highly recommend Stocker John Fittinger for wood PFS grips. He is in OR. 503-668-1938 or 971-570-6597.

JON

4. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

0   0   0

Herman63,

There is a guy on Long Island, NY - Jim Olivant of Highland Crest Stock Fitters who makes a complete wood grip and comb for the precision fit stock. He was probably the first doing wood grips for the pfs and has been making them for many people for a number of years. I've seen 4 or 5 of his and they're Beautiful! Nice to Exhibition wood, excellent checkering great work. He's a really great guy too.

e-mail: highlandcrest@optonline.net
    phone : 631.648.8289

Shoot safely, well and often!
    Tom

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Stocker John made these.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.