1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WANT to Fly Fish North Carolina

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I posted this week that I thought of fly fishing the w/southern NC fly Fishing Trail. Looks like that's not what I want to do. I am coming to NC in November (Thanksgiving week) and want to fly fish/upland hunt) maybe only fish and possibly hunt.
    I will be visiting my daughter in Durham. (She's expecting her first child November 1) I want to fly into western NC, rent a car, rent a cabin, fly fish and possibly do some upland hunting. ANY suggestions?

2. shaggist

shaggist Member

Google 'upcloseoutfitters.com' and see if the hunting/fishing trips they offer suit you. As I said before, Google is your friend for finding out about NC and the sporting activities offered here. Let your fingers do the walking.

3. dmasencup

dmasencup Member

If you fly into Asheville, get on the road to Cullowhee, NC and fish the Tuckaseigee River. Delayed harvest starts the 2nd week in October. That is when the Wildlife service stocks the rivers heavily and it will be catch and release only until April of the following year. It is not the complete river though, only a section. There are plenty of shops there to point you in the right direction. The next option is to drive to Boone and fish the Watauga. Plenty of small creeks where I live in Morganton but they are wild trout and average only 8 inches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.