1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to find out why shooting costs what it does?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nutso, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nutso

    Nutso Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2011
    Messages:
    446
    On this board, in club houses, and at shoots I hear lots of compliants why do practice targets cost so much, why are registered targets more? The best way to find out is to volunteer to take the most thankless job in shooting.

    Volunteer to be your club's treasurer, then you will find out. And do it for more than a couple of years so you have to live with your decisions.
     
  2. philk

    philk Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Messages:
    700
    Location:
    Goshen, IN
    I`m happy to have places to shoot regardless of the cost.
     
  3. hmb

    hmb Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    9,412
    At my club practice targets and registered big 50 targets cost the same. Plus the one dollar ATA registration fee. HMB
     
  4. daddiooo

    daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    4,004
    Location:
    GEORGIA
    That ATA fee is $1.50 now.
     
  5. oleolliedawg

    oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    10,124
    Location:
    Northampton PA
    98% of posters are shooters. That leaves the other 2% do do all the work and take the heat. If more of the other 98% would take an active role in club management and volunteer their services prices might come down slightly.

    At least they'd know what it actually costs to run a gun club. A few sleepless nights as club treasurer would be an eye opener!!
     
  6. wolfram

    wolfram Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Messages:
    6,258
    You cornered the reality tiger there Nutso - carefull its a scarey beast.

    If a guy wants to shoot clay targets at the lowest possible cost then he better just get a hand thrower or a little Trius and go off in the boonies somewhere. Every improvement on this comes at a price and that price has to incude a profit margin for continued growth.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.