1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy - Short stock 391RL or Trap 1100 w/sho

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sero, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sero

Sero Member

Both my wife and 11 year old grand daughter are ready to stort shooting a trap gun that fits them better than a full length stock.
    I'm looking for either a 391RL Beretta or an 1100 trap with a short stock.
    Help
    John Sero
    Valparaiso, IN.

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

a great trap gun for them to start with, IMHO, is a Remington 1187 Sporting Clays with a 26 or 28 inch light contour barrel, and a Monte Carlo or Straight stock with an adjustable comb, and cut for a 13 to 13.5 LOP. with 7/8 oz loads, this will be ideal for them. The Sporting Clays model has a shorter magazine tube and forearm than the regular 1100s or 11287s, which I believe makes a better balanced trap gun. jm

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can get any comb height and add the cheekez pads to raise it- you might be surprised at how well that works

or raise it with bondo and sand to correct height- paint black as needed- keep the cut off pieces from butt and add those on as needed

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS_ I have an 1100 stock I would give you that you could use for that purpose- would appreciate it if you paid shipping-- I just have to find it

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

silverdollarfirearms.com has a a 3901RL. call mike and check it out.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Do you have a current 1100? I went th<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0040-2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Wenig New American ladies trap LH model standard walnut. Semi inletted on a browning gold sporting. I also got one for myself. You could also get a matching forend. I think I paid 135.00 shipped 2 years ago. I know it wasnt much more than that. If you handy and have some basic wood working tools it's not so bad. This was my first attempt. The Big thing for a good fit for the wife. Good amount of toe out. higher comb more drop at heel and the main thing. A much shorter grip to trigger length for the small hands. Of course you can get matching forend have them fit checker and finish also. For an gun you may already have this is a less exspensive way into it. Especially if they do not get the bug or have a once in a while shooting habit. like my wife.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

and note as gene says, the cheek eez pads can tweek the comb height to dial it in. Also the wenig is almost 1" closer in grip to trigger length than the Browning gold "ladies" factory stock.

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I agree the 3901 RL is ready out of the box. I have had a lot of kids appreciate the 12.5" LOP and adjustable comb. I have an 1100 and if you can find a shorter stock, they work well, but for smaller hands (mine got crushed) Mac is on the money with the shorter trigger to grip concept. I helped a 5th grade girl shoot this month and had to explain and show the father. Mac, I found a used short Wening to try out so now I have a winter project for the 3901. The 1100 is shooting to well to retire. Maybe a Wenig for the 1100, with the 34" barrel. LOL Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

391rl 11 year old girl