1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy Range finder

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by deadeye45, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Looking for range finder. What have you? thanks,
    larry hilarry7@hotmail.com

2. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a new Leupold RX IV that has only been taken out of the box just to install the battery in it that I would let go for $350 plus shipping. I have all the paper work box and original receipt. Let me know if you are interested.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

i bot a leupold binoculars w/ built in range finder--lil spendy but handy!!!

4. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hi hunt and Hotrod,
    Thanks for the reply, I'll see.

5. PullBangDamn

PullBangDamn TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout, NIB with all paperwork. Will take $200 including shipping.

6. dward

dward Member

0   0   0

I bought a Nikon Riflehunter and like it. In getting a rangefinder I think there are a couple considerations.

First make sure it has the range you need. Mine goes out to 500 yards and also reads very accurately down to about 10. There is an Nikon Archers choice that only goes to 100yds and honestly even if I only hunted archery I'd get the Rifle hunter because it works just as good at short yardage and gives you the option out to 500.

Second: mine has an angular function such that I can set it to read only the horizontal distance if I'm ranging something down a very steep hill/mountain. Or I can set it for the straight line distance. This would be a useful function if you are archery hunting from a tall stand or if you are rifle hunting in steep terrain.

Third: mine has a first or last target priority function. Which means it's sensitive to either the nearest object its reading or the farthest. If you are ranging a buck through the woods you want it most sensitive to the last target as you don't want it picking up small brush in between. If you use it for golf, like I do, you want it to be most sensitive to the nearest object, as I shoot the flag and it's hard to hold it real steady on such a small object.

When I bought mine I researched them all and the Nikon came back as the easiest to use and I would agree that it is very simple and accurate. I bought it for my son and I to use archery hunting for deer in Minnesota and also for elk hunting in Idaho. But now I use it 95% of the time golfing.

If I had to buy a second one I'd get another Riflehunter. - My 2 cents

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If you're going to use it strictly for archery hunting, Leupold recently released its Vendetta, a rangefinder that mounts to the riser of a vertical bow and has a pressure tab you position where you want and touch to make the unit display a distance. You set it up to "look" at the same spot as your 20-yard pin. When hunting, you draw the bow, put that pin on any object you want to range and push the button. List price will be $199.

Ed

8. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

I was just in the market for a rangefinder & found a nice Leupold at Gander Mtn. When I got it home, I was fooling around & checked it against two others I had available. The Leupold was 4 yards off (short) @ 100 yds. The others, Leica, & Nikon were exact out to 600+. I took the Leupold back to Gander & they started checking all the rest of the Leupolds in stock. They were all the same. We took several brands out in the parking lot, & everyone was +- 1/2 yard out to 400+. The leupolds were off 3-4 yards FOR EACH 100 YARDS OF RANGE. This made it 20-25 yards off @ 500 yards. The salesman was even stunned. I ended up returning it & getting another Nikon w/elevation calcuator. There are alot of choices. Do your own comparison, & you won't go wrong.

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

0   0   0

Check out the Leica, they are one of the few that really work on game animals over 400 yd.

10. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

trapshooterjoe,
    the leica is the one.
    thanks for all the input!

11. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

0   0   0

Does anybody make a waterproof model besides Leupold? I hunt in the wet quite often.

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I am not mistaken, the Swarovski and the Leica CRF models are excellent quality, highly accurate and waterproof. I recommend both if you have the spare coin.

I think most of the other rangefinders are made in China.

John E.

13. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

0   0   0

AAngelo,
    I'm interested. You've got mail.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.