1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy High Standard Victor

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Abigail, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abigail

Abigail TS Member

Developed recent interest in target shooting and I am looking for a High Standard Victor. I would prefer a 4 1/2" barrel manufactured in Hamden Conn. Will trade cash for gun what do you have that is gathering dust?

email:xxabigailsiedlarz@aol.comxx

drop the xx....xx or use the private messaging feature of this forum.

2. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I have a very nice High standard H-D Military for sale #$450. plus shipping. It has adjustable sights. It is in very good condition. Older gun alex

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have e NEW High Standard Victor with box etc., which has only been test fired. Send me an e-mail. I am in New Jersey.

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

A tip of the hat, Abigail, you have impeccable taste. Hope you find the right one, and then never let it get away. Phil E

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Be patient, they are worth waiting for. I am sure one will break loose eventually.

Good luck in your quest.

Jerry

6. tricel1

tricel1 TS Member

I have a Victor that has only been shot 2 or 3 times in the last 30 years.
    It is LNIB, no marks or dings.
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/tricel1/DCP_0002.jpg?t=1213240701

7. tricel1

tricel1 TS Member

8. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

How much?

9. Abigail

Abigail TS Member

Come on guys someone must have a High Standard Victor they are willing to part with for a price.

:) Abigail

10. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Abigail...
    If you want one to shoot, rather than "collect"...I have one in what I believe is NRA Very Good condition if you're still looking. Drop me an email...

Don

11. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

If you're looking for a 4.5" because of balance & weight preference, remember that the steel barrel rib was changed to aluminum alloy in 1974 (the third year of Victor production,) so a 5.5" barrel with later alloy rib might work for you (a 5.5" with steel rib is quite heavy. I love it, but you may not.) Also, if the 5.5" is all you can find (5.5" is more common, while the 4.5" is rarer & pricier) but it is still heavier or more muzzle-heavy than you want, even with the alloy rib, you can easily remove the under-barrel weight (but if you do, keep it safe, some day you'll want it.) An alloy-rib Victor is easy to spot, the front sight rises directly out of the rib and is not on a raised base like the steel-ribbed one is, and the rear of the rib is cut off vertically right at the back edge of the rear sight blade, whereas a steel rib projects back beyond the rear of the rear sight blade. Be patient & good hunting, your gun was made for 6 years so they're out there. Phil E

12. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Abigail, check your PMs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.