1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to Buy Beretta SO-3 or SO-4 trap O/U

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Wgnshot, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a good to excellent condition Beretta SO-3 or SO-4 trap gun (or upgrade thereof) in original condition (no porting, etc.) for Olympic Trap/bunker. Barrels must be 29"-31" and bored M/IM to F and weigh in range of 1.4 to 1.5 kg. Will pay FMV based on condition. Steve Dotson, Phoenix, AZ

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Have you shot one at bunker or trap? I had what you described,a 4 & a 5,& did not like either gun. Both felt wrong. After 47 yrs of shooting O/U's,I was disappointed in them. Then it could be that my 2 were both "bad" guns. Or,it could be me.

3. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

I have a friend who I shoot bunker frequently with and he is gracious enough to lend me his SO-4 trap on occasion. I have shot consistently my best scores with his gun. Of course, its not for sale but he is helping me look for one. It's tough to shoot my Perazzi when I know there's another gun (usually) at the same bunker that I can shoot a lot better. Now you know why I'm looking!

Incidently, my friend's SO-4 is considerably quicker to the target than my gun owing to the 1.442 kg barrels. The gun is lighter, smaller in frame and stocked higher. I see virtually the whole rib (as opposed to a "figure eight"). It works for me. But, of course not all SO-3/O4's are alike!

Have a good 4th!

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

0   0   0

Hi Steve, I hate to say this, but even if you try 100 SO3's and 100 SO4's they STILL won't feel as good as your friends gun...and you'll waste a bunch of money in the meantime. You have only 2 options here...#1 Accept that you can't have this gun, forget about makes/models and look for another gun you like...#2 Give your friend a blank cheque and take his gun. Facts of life...sorry. Cheers-Graham.

5. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

try joel etchen.com

6. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

0   0   0

I have a friend who is due back from Europe next week. I talked to him today and he took an SO-4 with him to have the factory tune it. He also shoots Browning and has decided to shoot the Browning exclusively and sell the Beretta. The factory told him it was the last year of production of the SO-4 and was in excellent condition, gave him some spare parts and sent him away happy. If you are interested, PM or e-mail me and I have his permission to give you contact information. Also, He was instrumental in getting the Phoenix bunker built and goes there frequently and could arrange to meet and show you the gun and I am sure allow you to shoot it.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Is there any significant difference in the SO 4 and the ASE 90 guns? If not that might be a easier find.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

SO guns are sidelock, ASE 90 guns are box lock.

9. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

You know, I have to agree wholeheartedly with you. That is probably the best advice I'll ever get!. Still, it's fun looking. And, who knows?

10. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks, I will.

11. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear pufftarget,

That isn't by chance Caudry G. is it? He left Phoenix/Vegas a while back to, among other things, shoot the European circuit. I know he has an SO-4 right-handed stock (he is left-handed)that he was thinking about modifying for him. I've never seen this gun..just heard about it. He shoots a Browning Broadway. Very well I might add! The last I heard the SO-4 was not for sale. Of course, you have my permission to proceed regardless of who the gentlemen is. And, I might add, thank you!

Steve Dotson

12. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear Steve W.,

I'll keep it in mind but my reaction is that it is not quite what I'm looking for. In the interim, thank you.

Steve Dotson

13. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear Bad303,

I have an ASE 90 Sporting. Its great for clays. Its not stocked for bunker. Of course its a boxlock (as opposed to the SO-3/O4's which are sidelocks). Its a nice gun but not as trim in the frame as what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your input.

Steve Dotson

14. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

0   0   0

Wingshot: You have a PM

15. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear K1W1,

This is my second reply to your thread. Thanks for the advice. It sounds like
    you've "been around the track a few times". Experience is a valuable teacher.
    Thanks for your input!

Steve Dotson

P.S. I'm a glutton for punishment and still will keep looking though.

16. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

0   0   0

Thanks Steve...when I re-read my post it could have come across as a bit mean- that was not my intention. I am glad you took it in the spirit intended. Good luck with your search, and we all know what happens next...you'll find the perfect gun, it will be for sale, the day AFTER you have committed your money elsewhere LOL. Kind Regards-Graham.

17. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear K1W1,
    Nope, I simply took your advice as it was intended. DAMNED GOOD ADVICE. No need to apologize. Have a safe and happy 4th!

Steve Dotson

18. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

0   0   0

Paxton has one with LH stock om his site.

19. Wgnshot

Wgnshot TS Member

0   0   0

Dear twoatloweight,

Thanks, I will take a look.

Steve Dotson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta so 4 lock
beretta so4
beretta so4 occasion