1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy a "Black Gun"

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Big Al 29, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

There are soooooooo many different companies making AR's.

Here is what i am looking for.

1. M4 stock

2. Shoots 5.56 NATO and standard .223 Remington (There is a difference)

3. Rail on top for some type of red dot. No carry handle or can have one that is removable.

4. Not a POS knock-off company where the POS will blow up or fall apart 1k-2k into shooting.

5. Not looking to be a tack driver, just a shooter having fun and getting ready for the armageddon LOL.

6. Would like shorter barrel maybe 16". As legal as I can go.

7. Would like a piston driven system rather than gas for reliability.

I am in PA.

Anyone have something for sale?
    Anyone can help me get educated in the black guns.

Every time I go to a show, i can't tell a POS from something good. Its NOT my ara of expertice at all.

Jeff

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

I have a DPMS I really like it, it seems really well made..no problems so far..

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Buy a Colt.....that way, once you realize you really didn't need it... you will be able to get your money back.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Want to buy a

I don't think piston in an AR is more reliable than gas, it could create more wear on the bolt carrier and receiver.

I'd stay with Colt, 5.56 Nato spec., and gas only.

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Want to buy a

SIG 556 or a Ruger 556.Call me.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Colt or Rock River. Rock River will hold it's value too. Neither are piston guns though. You can always buy a piston upper later and swap it in 30 seconds. Good luck.
    stokinpls_2008_030316.jpg

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Want to buy a

I am thinking of selling my Lewis Machine Tool CQB MRP 5.56 with several new P-mags and 500 rounds of brass surplus ammo. Send me a pm.

Both the rifle and mags are new, never shot, bought last year. LMT is a step up from the other brands mentioned here but my rifle is not piston. Go to any AR website and you will find the piston vs. gas debate in MANY threads, hence why I stuck with a gas gun.

8. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Couldn't you just paint any gun black?????????
    (ha-ha) Colonel

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Piston is more expensive, cleaner, cooler. I do not know about reliability. You could get into a Flat top Bushmaster M4 for around 900 brand new. I would look for a chrome lined bbl. Rock River makes a good gun, IIRC a chrome lined bbl is a minor upgrade, atleast for thier uppers. The chrome lined will last longer, it is said that it may not be as accurate. The LMT gun listed above is of a very high quality. PA is pretty easy to get along with as far as assault rifles go.

10. BT99

BT99 Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a

ATAJohn - Check your PM for message I sent.

11. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Don't waste your money on a piston gun.......unless you just like to brag. They have next to no....nadda.....none, practical benefit to longer barreled AR's.....it's much more useful on submachine gun versions, where the bolts are subjected to excessive heat.

Pistons have been around as long as the AR itself.......every now and then someone thinks the time is right to sell a bunch of them.....like now.

The market is so over saturated with AR wannabees that these mfg r's have to keep trying to win the ad wars.....let's face it, there ain't much left to do to an AR to get a sale.

12. Silverhawk

Silverhawk TS Member

0   0   0

Want to buy a

Buck,
    Drop me a line when you get a chance. I have plenty in stock here in York County PA. Right now I have Stag Arms Model 1, Model 8 (PISTON Driven), and Model 8 Left hand guns if your a Southpaw!!.They build a great gun and have a lifetime warranty..
    Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.