1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy a 572 Remington 22 rimfire pump

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by locdoc, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Tom,

Did you find one??? Saw one in "Gun Digest the Magazine". 95% pressed checkering for $225.00 PM me for info.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Yes I did, thank you. Waiting for a confirming of my three day right of refusal. FFL and money order ready to go to a Bernie Elliot in New York.

Merry Christmas to all --

Tom Strunk

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Every thing good, money and FFL to be sent this AM.

So you will know why I want this 22, reason as follows.

I shot for over twenty five years with a release trigger. Gun was mounted and then the trigger was set, call for target, and fire. Repeat as required.
    Now approx. six years ago I retired from trap shooting and started hunting with a pull trigger, I hunted a lot, so as to get better I began shooting skeet with a pull trigger, and I shot birds very well.

Last year I decided to come out of retirement from trap shooting. I found myself have cold sweats and a very nervous finger when trying to set the release trigger on my shoulder. Cure was to set the release trigger with the gun broken open and then close the gun, mount, call and shoot. I believe this hurt my doubles shooting a lot. I have sunk to new lows in doubles, I have had a best of a 97 avg. to now a 88 or so. this is not acceptable.

In the past year I have had knee surgery on both knees and have not been able to hunt as I usually do. I have shot a partial round of skeet and hunted only three times, I have only fired around 25 shots total this bird season with a pull trigger, I believe conditions are right to try to change back. I believe you can dry fire all day, but when you put a live round in the gun, every thing changes, cold sweats again, you can't fool your subconscious. So I have found that Darrel @ Spears in Kansas will make me a release trigger for a Remington 552 or 572 22 rimfire. With this gun I can go out in the desert and practice with a live round in the gun, mount the gun, and then set the trigger, and then fire. After a lot of practice I feel I can set the shotguns trigger on my shoulder again. Thats the plan.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you dry fire a remington 572

remington 572 dry fire