1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to buy.....870 release trigger.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ric3677, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

There is an older fellow at the club, that is almost a cripple and his release broke. This is just about all this guy has in his life and he needs a new one.
    anyone out there know of one that may be available?

thanks so much.

Rickyd

ric3677atbresnandotnet

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

What's broke about it im sure some of us could send the parts that he needs I know it's not rocket scentist stuff I had a guy that used to do them but he has bad eye sight and not into shooting a lot now days but I bet some of us could help out in getting it fixed I will try to call him over the weekend if his phone number is still good because it has been 3 or 4 years since I talked to him.

I got a TB 870 that im not using and if the parts he needs is stuff other than the release part I might send him my trigger and he send me his as long as the pull part will still work.

Ok I think on a release they just notch the hammer of a pull trigger so he can keep his hammer and me keep mine anyway it sounds like a good cause for a friend of yours so let me know if I can help at all.

Foghorn220

3. ric3677

Ok ....humble pie here...This guy doesn't know what a trigger is worth and I am trying to help him out, but he doesn't think they are worth it. Kick my butt. Why did I bother trying to help him out?

Sweet Jesus....some people.

I apologize to everyone out there that came up with a solution and a trigger.
    some days you gotta wonder. LOL
    Must be close to luv friday........

Rickyd

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ric3677

So you didn't say what was broke about his trigger and I don't have a extra one to give away but since im not using my TB 870 I can do with out it for awhile and just replace whatever it needs to make it work again with his old trigger group again what does he need does he need the hammer or something else it can all be transplanted to a pull or a release trigger.

Of course no charge from me and I pay shipping.

Fog

5. ric3677

Fog,

He is really knowledgeable about the inside of the trigger, and in his words, "it's not worth fixing" so I am assuming that something major is wrong. I havent' looked at it. Thanks so much for the offer. It really upset me last night when he called all distraught and wanting a trigger, only to back out when he found out what they are selling for. It's not like he can't afford it.

thanks again to all that offered.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.