1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to acquire a 34" BT-99 barell

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by StansCustoms, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have a 32" BT-99, 1987 Vintage. I have spent a considerable sum on the stock getting it fitted so I need to keep the stock and matching forearm..

I would like to buy a "nice" 34" barrell or trade my nice 32" barrell for yours.

The wood is easy to change out...in case anyone would just like to trade their complete gun (less wood).....I could go that route as well.

Like I said I have a "nice" gun. Only like quality considered in trade..

...any suggestions are welcome....including well priced BT-99's that are for sale with the same or close date code..(PR=1987).

Thanks...Stan

2. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Ok...

No trades I guess...any clues where to get a 34" barrell...or older BT-99 wih rough wood and maybe barell in decent shape?

Thanks..Stan

3. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 92 (NY) 34" barrel with inverter plus choke tubes that has the usual wear on the glueing behind the forearm ( not visible when for armed on the gun). Pm me if interested.

4. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello Aulove15..

I'll have to do some ckecking with someone that knows more than I do...but that year barrell should be close enough to mine to work I think..?

What are you wanting to do... sell, trade..?

...and if to sell what $$...?

Thanks and best regards..Stan M.

P.S. ...you have this as a PM as well.

5. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bump..still looking, no answer to previous PM.

6. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Anyone else...?

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Click.

I believe the marking is a 34" fixed full.

8. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello Stl...I believe you are right...full fixed.

I think I'll hold out a little longer and see if I can get a screw in choke model...

The seller is a dealer so maybe it will get cheaper if it doesn't sell...I might settle for a fixed barrel if the money got right.

Thanks for remembering my thread and sending the link..most appreciated.

Best regards..Stan

9. Trap2sons

Trap2sons Member

0   0   0

I have a 34" barrel with 3 thin walled chokes. Ported and re blued. Pm me if you are interested
    Thanks

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I know this is hard to see, but I was impressed with how uniform the pattern was of a BT-99 Competition model with a fixed full choke, at forty yards, in a 29" circle. From the sixteen yard line, I don't think the width of the pattern makes as much difference as the density, IMO. Browning fixed full, is hard to improve on. But hey, I know, chokes are the rage.
    [​IMG]

11. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

bump..still looking.

12. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

find you an older 34in 2 barrel set. put one barrel on the gun you have & then you have a backup gun in case something on yours breaks.dwain

13. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

FYI; I have owned 4 BT-99's all at the same time. Range in dates were from 1977 to 1982. None of them were interchangeable with each other. I tried each receiver with the other 3 barrels and none would fit, except the one that the serial numbers matched. The for-ends had the same problem but a couple would fit but loose. I wouldn't put much faith in being able to swap barrels alone. I would buy a complete gun that you want and see if your wood will fit it. If it does then swap the wood and sell your old one with the wood from the one you bought. Swapping the wood you will run into the same problems as they all are hand fitted to the original receivers. Good luck!

14. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks guys..

I've had one that was interchangeable...except for for the forearm iron. It was too tight by a smidge...which I could have fixed by filing the bung on the underside of the barrel a little. I do know that many of them don't even come close though.

I imagine I will buy a complete gun and fit my wood to it (considering one at our club as I post this) ...just trying to avoid the fitment hassles if possible...and spend a little less.

Thanks for the input.

Best regards..Stan

15. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Want to acquire a 34

Last ditch effort....as stated may consider complete gun if priced right...must be a nice clean gun or barrel, with no bluing loss.

Prefer screw in choke model ...non ported barrel a plus as well....and must be a 34" barrel.

Many thanks to all who have replied.

Best regards..Stan

16. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

0   0   0

Want to acquire a 34

Stan I have a 34 inch barrell for sale fix choke it is like new $250 plus shipping

17. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

0   0   0

Want to acquire a 34

Stan I have a 34 inch barrell for sale fix choke it is like new $250 plus shipping

18. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Want to acquire a 34

Thanks William..

I'll keep it in mind...and thanks for the reply. I'll hold off a little while longer in hopes of getting a screw in choke barrel..

What is the serial number of the gun it came from if you know...

Thanks again ..
    Best regards..Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 shot pattern