1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want info on different types of 209 primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Is there a web site that tells the difference between the different primers? How about a cross reference?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Well whats going on here in mass is sometimes they have this primer sometimes that type. After looking at different load data its seems tough to match wads/powders/primers. red dot hard time finding cci209 rem tgt12 wad data? ect ect. looking at remington primers...209A 209STS? but no real infor on type? Also noticed some different preasures on load data.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What im looking for is load data for cci209 primer winchester waa12sl 1oz wads sts hulls with red dot? they have two for cci209M primers

4. Large

Large TS Member

by the latest version of the lyman manual it give numerous recipes for about every combination under the sun all of which have been properly tested.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thanks, I like to load under 1200fps right now. until i get back in yardage. Im useing clays right now but almost out. I got about 2 lbs of red dot when i bought loader and supplies. got a good deal to start loading 650 loader with uni bar 2lbs clays 2lbs red dot 1000 waa12sl wads 3500 cci primers. STS shells ive been saveing for sometime. just about 500 loads so far no problems and love the soft shooting load. got all this for 125.00.

6. Dutchboy

Dutchboy TS Member

Armbrust has some good practical info at the link. HTH, Dutch.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ill have to read that a few times....a bit over whelming. ordered hodgdon book also looking int others. thanks all.

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

maclellan1911

Unfortunately, there is no absolutely accurate reference for the substitution of primers. They can act very differently with different powders and loads. The best way to figure it out is to find data for the EXACT comonents you are using. Since it appears that you are fairly new to shotshell reloading, I'd recommend staying with established data and not experimenting. With all of the variables affecting pressures with listed loads, I'd be careful when substituting components. The best recourse is to obtain the exact components for the data you wish to use. I'm sure you will be able to use up whatever you have left with an appropriate load eventually.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

That is what I am doing. Thanks John Mac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.