1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want a Un-Single for Citori - What should I do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 12ShotTwo, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

You guys convinced me I want an un-single but what options exist? I have a 425 with custom stock and double release and it works great, I want to use it! Best case is find a used barrel and get it installed. Where can I get the barrel? Is there such a thing as gunsmiths that build or convert O/Us to un-singles? Thanks Joe

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The unsingle has a higher rib than your current 425 O/U. Just adding an unsingle, if you could find one, would mean you also need to make a comb adjustment everytime you swap barrels. That does not seem practical. I suggest you buy an Unsingle Combo and sell your 425.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

This is a non-starter, your gun was never meant to be an unsingle. You will run into a small fortune and a ton of issues trying to make it so. Keep the 425 and buy another unsingle, or sell the 425 and buy an unsingle.

4. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Simmons is about the only resource I know of who can build an unsingle for ya. There may be others but I don't know of any. If you scroll down the price list I linked you'll see that a single or O/U barrel is 1900.00. They could probably make the rib height match your current O/U barrel rib as well. I talked to them about making one for my Superposed and they said they could make it any POI I wanted.

5. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Bama73 -- Are you an Alabama alumni? I was there from 68-74. Joe

6. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Not an alum of the University, but a life long resident of Northwest Alabama and fan of the Tide.

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I thought I wanted a un-single and bought two of then couldnt shoot either, one was a Winchester 101 and the second was a Beretta 682 I am now in love with a KX-5 and shoot it very well.

8. open choke

open choke TS Member

I have an add a rib on my 525 sporting so its been converted from a sporting to a trap gun. I already had the comb and the add a rib cost me around 125 installed and I couldn't be happier.

I will always have an O/U i like the weight of the gun. I shot a Bertta 682 uni-single and it kicks way too much cause it's so light

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Weight has nothing to do with the barrel being an O/U or Unsingle. My two combo barrels weigh almost the same. You can get unsingles that weigh up to 1.8kg in perazzi and won't kick.

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Since you have a double release , have you considered a top single barrel ?? I have a early model from a combo set 34 in. full like new for sale for $900 and I`ll include shipping .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.