1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want a Remington 788 Magazine.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Need to purchase a 243 Magazine for a Remington 788.

2. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If you don't come up with one here, Midway and Numrich have them listed, Midway's price is considerably better.

It looks like .243, 7mm-08, and .308 all use the same magazine, might help in your search.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

One of the most underrated rifles made. Prices are 3x what they were new. I was told Remington quit making them because they were out selling the 700.

Wayne

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I agree..plain as day one of the best ...I have a few of them and my favorites are two of the rarer ones,...a 30-30 and a 44mag..both are super deer rifles for my needs..dense woods and never more than 150yds

5. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

0   0   0

I bought mine brand new for (gun that is $190 in 1982) The last 22-250 mag I purchased in the 90's was $25 wow I thought that was steep...I'm guessing they have went up in value. I sure loved mine still have it dont shoot it much any more. My 12 YO son may take a interest very soon as he loves his 22Mag...Great affordible firearm IMO

6. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

0   0   0

Howdy Jack,
    If you can't find a magazine for it I'll take that ugly old rifle off your hands..........

D.P.Reynolds

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the offer DP. My brother's girl friend was going to the camp after a day of sitting in the tree and apparently the magazine fell out of pocket while riding the four wheeler home. No luck finding it so I thought I would try on here. Thanks for the replies. Jackie B.

8. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have the same gun. I think the only design flaw is the magazine release. If you carry it by the bottom of the gun it's really easy to hit the release and drop the mag out by accident.

I had two mags at one time, but note above...now only one.

9. Robb

Robb Member

0   0   0

If anyone has a 22-250 mag. I'd be a buyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

need a magazine for a remington788