1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Want 682 converted to Mechanical Triggers??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Anybody else converted their 682/7 Beretta To mechanical triggers from inertia...I seem to remember Beretta doing it but can't remember the price, anybody know..,also,who else does it and how much was charged..plus, how did you like the feel afterwards...I picked up a set of 410 subgauge tubes and not setting the 2nd barrel...thanks, Cal

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

My brother in law had Phillip do his. However my understanding is. it is not a true converstion! They install lighter springs so it sets better. I would E-mail Phil and ask him.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They install a 410 inertia spring. If you're daring enough and mechanically inclined, you can DIY. Kolar is the only one that I'm aware of that ever did a TRUE mechanical conversion on the 682s, and they only work on guns they've worked on before, or have their subgauge tubes now.

4. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I had Coles do mine. They bare not true mechanical triggers but you do not need to bump the gun to fire the other trigger. If I remember right it was under $200.00.

5. CalvinMD

thanks guys..I'm pretty sure I replaced that spring in my older trap gun when it wouldn't set...learned something new as I thought they were a true convert to mech

6. gkinla

gkinla Member

I had Briley do my 687 when I had tubes fitted two years ago.

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Calvin this is your old Bud !!!! I had two Gold E's converted to Mech, but like stated above I was told that they are NOT a true mech conversion, they do need a very slight bump, sometimes when I am done shooting and fireing the triggers into a snap cap before putting the gun away I really dont have to even bump it to set the second trigger off, mine were done by Phillip and i think He only charges $50.00 But He is in texas.
    If you only send Him your reciever I am sure He can do it and in My opinion He is the Best Trigger man out there.

8. WarEagle2017

Calvin this is your old Bud !!!! I had two Gold E's converted to Mech, but like stated above I was told that they are NOT a true mech conversion, they do need a very slight bump, sometimes when I am done shooting and fireing the triggers into a snap cap before putting the gun away I really dont have to even bump it to set the second trigger off, mine were done by Phillip and i think He only charges $50.00 But He is in texas.
    If you only send Him your reciever I am sure He can do it and in My opinion He is the Best Trigger man out there.

9. WarEagle2017

Bernie I know that you cant spell Soo a flinch is

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allem's converts them when they install their releases. I don't know what they charge for that operation alone.

Ed

11. CalvinMD

Thanks everybody..now that I know of the trick with the 410 spring I will get one to try along with a few other spare parts for my essentials kit for my 682

12. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Spears gun shop did mine and they are mechanical.

13. CalvinMD

Thanks Sprinklerman..can I asked what you paid for that work and were you satisfied..I only ask because I dont want to do anything to the gun to change the feel of the trigger

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

In the old days, if you bought Kolar subgauge tubes, they did it for $100....

15. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Briley did mine several 10-15 years ago and is true change you can see the rods

16. Nutso

Nutso Member

Kolar did my 682, it was very crisp andinever had one problem with it, I think it cost less than $150.

17. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

It has been several years ago that the trigggers were converted but I think it cost around 200.00. I don't shoot it much anymore but don't recall having any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.