1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanda shells?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jlpollo, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlpollo

jlpollo TS Member

For the old timers does anyone remember what the Wanda shells were made out of. These shells were injected molded and i am trying to find out the material the shell was made from. Thank you

2. NintyT

NintyT Member

Great question. I recently aquired a box and a dozen "new" hulls. These hulls had never been primed or loaded, and came with black end caps to hold the shot in. The hulls are made of such a hard, red transparent, plastic, that I suspect they would shatter when fired. Can any provide further?

Steve J

3. jlpollo

jlpollo TS Member

I have shot many Wanda shells and they did not shatter, i was wondering if you would be willing to sell some of those shells?

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

hiram bradley used to shoot these shells. hard to reload as you had to insert the top plastic wad by hand and then slightly roll over the crimp. motordoc

5. johnpe

johnpe Member

My rememberance - for what it is worth - is that the plastic was polycarbonate.

6. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

I've got one full unfired box. Wish I had a pallet of them to shoot. Beautiful shell.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Polycarbonate resin tradenamed Lexan, Produced bt General Electric. Glenn

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

As I remember, the Wanda Petroleum Co. shells had a problem.....they blew up a few guns!!! I saw one, heard of at least 4 more. The one I saw was a beautiful old Parker trap gun. Happened at the Bowie Gun Club in Bowie , Tx., in either '67 or '68. The owner was offered $125 in reimbursement by Wanda.....I can't type what he told them!!! I'd keep those old Wanda's as a novelty collector's item and definitely not shoot them!!!

Ken Rucker

9. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    The only trouble is that the material / Polycarbonate that was used apx. 30 years ago may not be available today.

Been there done that. But sometime it's a wonderfull starting point,

Kevin

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I have a couple of empty boxes and a couple of 20 gauge green shells (loaded). Pretty cool looking shell.

11. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Bob Craft from Austin, Tx bought several stacks of boxes when Hall quit making them.
    We used the Wanda Plastic shells hunting whitewing doves in mexico in 67-68 When a shotgun (semi-auto) got real hot from shooting there, they would jerk the head off and leave the plastic sleeve (tube) in the barrel, then there was a problem. Wanda shells were originally financed by the Owner of Wanda Petroleum Co.
    Bob

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

No mistake on my part, Jimmy.......it was definitely the original 1 piece plastic ones.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.