1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walther PP 32 acp question.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I need some help. Not that kind! I have a Walther PP with the Fuhrers signature (Nazi Eagles) in .32 acp or 7.65. Someone told quite a few years ago that all I had to do was change the barrel and magazine to convert this gun to a .380. Does anyone know if this is true and has anyone done this? Thanks,Bulge

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

You would have to replace the slide as well. The base of the 32ACP is much smaller than the 380. The Frame is about all that will remain the same between the 2.

--- Chip King ---

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like the conversion would be permanent and i don't think you would want to do that Mike. Sounds as if it could be a quite valuable gun as is.

Matt

4. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Why?

bluedsteel

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Not much difference but i'd rather carry a .380. Bulge.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Bulge: Don't change that gun! It is worth money. If you want more power in that size gun buy a Makarov or a CZ82. Both from J&G Sales in AZ around $200.

The 9x18 Mak round is even more powerful than the .380 and you can make brass out of 9mm Luger cases if you want. All of the high end ammo mfg's make self defense ammo for the Mak now too. So all your bases are covered and you don't have to defile that PP which ought to be worth at least $500, or maybe even more.

Randy

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

The original Walther PP's were built and designed in 1928 around the .32 ACP cartridge...or the metric equivalent 7.65. The .380 models weren't built in much quantity until well after WWII, mainly for the US market (the European pre-war .380's were marked "9mm Kurz"). I have owned both the .32 and the .380 Walther PP's and PPK/S's.

The .32's I owned were more or less reliable and fairly pleasant to shoot. The .380's I have owned (2) were both unreliable and miserable to shoot. My first .380 (a PPK/S) went back for warranty repair. After I bought the second .380, and ended up with a bleeding hand from slide cuts, and a sore wrist, I got rid of it.

I know many will disagree, but I think the Walther PP's and PPK's are highly overated. None of mine have been totally reliable, and they aren't all that light, being all steel. The PP's and PPK/S models feel good in the hand; the PPK's, while smaller, have a crappy grip frame shape and feel atrocious.

If I were you, I wouldn't butcher your Waffen-marked PP...of course those that own one may encourage you to ruin it, as it makes the remaining guns more valuable.

bluedsteel

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Unless the gun is roached, keep it original and get a PP or PPK/S in .380.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I had bought my daughter a PPK/s in ,380 stainless. I'll probably leave mine alone and get the .380. I don't want to butcher mine. Thanks all, Bulge.

10. EE

EE Banned User Banned

What will you take for the PP in 32ACP?

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

It's not for sale. Bulge.

12. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Never hurts to ask, right?

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

If ya don't ask ya don't get. Bulge.