1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walther P22 opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

Im thinking about buying a 22 to plink around with. I shot one of these a while back and it felt pretty good. Anybody got any experience with them? Worth the money? Thanks, Rich

2. T/C

T/C TS Member

I have shot mine a bunch in the past 3 years and have not had one problem with it. The gun will feed any ammo from cheap to good stuff. Although not a target gun, mines all I want or need. Choice of front sights, grip adapters, 2 clips and 2 barrels, all in a nice hard case, hard to beat for the price. I don't think you could go wrong owning one or two. T.

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Great little gun. I will get one when I find one that is in my bank account. I have yet to find a Walther that I did not like. If you can get one GET IT.

4. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

They are pretty famous for breaking slides. If you search the web , you will find the pictures of many broken P22's

5. richrob

richrob TS Member

Now I just gotta decided if I want this or a BT99. Thanks, Rich

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I ended up with this in my search for a 22 for good plinking fun. My wife is scary accurate with this gun. There are several models

8. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I had one. Bought it new for about $200 the first year they came out. Worked ok with high velocity ammo, standard velocity ammo would "skip" - meaning: there wasn't enough mmmmpphh to cycle the slide 100% - it would cycle 90% and eject the fired casing, but skip over and not strip a fresh round from the mag into the chamber. Instead, it would slam home on an empty chamber.

Then, after about 200 to 300 rds, it started misfiring. Sent it back. Worked for another 200 rds and started misfiring again.

Then, I read about the broken slides (it's a cheap, zinc pot metal casting - like a $35 Raven was for the past 25 years)

I ended up trading it in for a used, but like new, Ruger MK-I 5-1/2" bull barrel, pre warning label, made in 1969. I've since put 2,000 to 3,000 rds of standard velocity and high velocity ammo through the Ruger with no problems of any kind and groups at 25 yards tighter than I could hold with the Walther P22 at 15.

My vote: pass on the P-22

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Awful accuracy

feeding isnt the best

it looks cool and that is the high point

regards fromm Iowa

Gene

10. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

The Browning Buckmark is less money, very accurate, will feed most ammo, and even the lowest priced model has a light trigger that lends itself to use as a field or target gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.