1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walter Reed Hospital-Fired General!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Instead of accepting any blame for the Walter Reed Hospital scandal, the White House instead scrapegoated its commander,Maj. Gen. George Weightman.

Of course, the Bush Administration shares in the responsibilty too because it also oversees the hospital and the appointment of the military's top brass.

Unfortunately,the wounded Vets at Walter Reed would not greet Gen. Weightman as a liberator,especially on the day he decided to order that the hospital would no longer accept postcards addressed to "any wounded Soldier"-Allegedly for security reasons.

Bush, is going to run out of people to fire.

Bo

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

What the heck makes you think somebody in the White House should know anything about some outbuilding in an Army hospital??????? The Army General in charge of it sure should have known! He runs it! He should have been fired. He IS the right "scapegoat" ! Typical example of some chair-jockey who doesn't even take a look around his area of responsibility some time!

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Geesh bo. Get a life

4. Nate_w

Nate_w TS Member

With more and more soldiers going back to the states with problems that require years of treatment the Veterans Affairs Office has come under heavy scrutiny. Walter Reed is one of the higher profile places where one can look at the inadequacies and short falls. In the past two weeks I've read a couple articles in Star & Stripes (only paper I can get here) about the poor conditions there and lack of proper treatment at the hospital. Recently my wife watched somthing on TV about the VA and Wlater Reed and how it left so many disabled veterans needing more. MG Weightman is probably taking the blame for most of the problems with the VA, but he is certainly not an innocent victim of the Bush WhiteHouse.

-N

5. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

My nephew lost a leg nearly three years ago and my brother and wife spent a LOT of time at Walter Reed. At that time, they said it was first class with staff that was truly compassionate for the most part. My brother did relate that he saw the General (at the time) dress down a Major for not keeping his patients comfortable and the Major was literally shaking when it was done with. Perhaps things have changed but their experience was excellent given the circumstances.

Eric

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey Bo, et. al.,

In May of '67 I managed to get myself shot up while on vacation in sunny SE Asia....I was sent stateside to Walter Reed for additional surgeries and rehab. I spent 2 weeks there before being transferred to Valley Forge in PA.
    Well boys and girls......Walter Reed was a Dump in 1967 and mostly outdated, so a question we should all be asking is....why all the sudden the brew-ha-ha now!

If anyone is truly worried about our soldiers, then they need to get off their dead asses and do something! But then again, that might take some effort and personal initiative.

Curt - Delaware (former invitee of Lyndon's big picnic)

7. DocJim

DocJim Member

grnberetcj, with all due respect, a NEW hospital was constructed at Walter Reed since 1967. Now I hear that the current hospital will be closed and the facility moved to Bethesda. I was stationed at WRAMC in 1962 and yes, it was an old hospital at that time but I thought we delivered good care. The MG had to go; afterall he is responsible for everything his troops do or fail to do.
    Jim G
    Maj, USA MC

8. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Fire someone, you have taken action. The guy had been there for 6 months, the previous commander was given the job back.

You think the place fell apart in 6 months. The people want action.

Takeing care of the troops cost lots of money, who sets the budget and spending priorities? My boss the Prez.

Take care,

Jim

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Another one bites the dust.

Army secretary Harvey.

Good for Mr Gates.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.