1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Walter Kolouch- Master Engraver

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Highlight of the day...just got off phone with Walter Kolouch, master engraver, gunsmith, and excellent clay shot before he retired his shooting irons.
    For those of you who like good gun engraving, you will see one of Walter's pieces of art on the site right now...it's a Win. Mod. 12 with gold inlays.
    But to see a good selection of his work, just google his name, and you will see many samples of his fine craftsmanship.
    I haven't seen or talked to Walter for about 40years. I enjoy getting in touch with some of the "old time" names from our sport, and listening to their interesting stories.
    Walter now spends much of his time doing beautiful woodwork on firearms and doesn't shoot anymore. Walter shot with many of the greats of our sport at many of the major tournaments and held his own against many of the best.
    Walter was the master gunsmith/engraver at Parker's Outdoor World in NY back in the 70's. He now resides in Oregon.
    Great to talk to him.

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

One of the Best...Very Collectable. Shoot Well...Shoot Often, Bart
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics, Bart.

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I remember Walter from Parker Distributors in New Rochelle. One of my shooting friends has 2 trap guns engraved by him, a 32 and a K-80.

5. flabigpapa

Puablo, Had Matching 5-Barrel K32 set....Was Stolen by Business Partner's Brother After His Unexpected Death...Have not seen it in a Long Time..It's Out there...another Work of Art. Shoot well...Shoot Often, Bart

6. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

He and Angelo Bee were the reason Krieghoff went to case harden receivers. They were engraving more model 32's than Krieghoff was.

7. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

He and Angelo Bee were the reason Krieghoff went to case harden receivers. They were engraving more model 32's than Krieghoff was.

8. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Another engraver you rarely hear about.

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I was talking to Walter Eisserer, another well known gunsmith, about him today.
    They worked together in early years at Parkers. Walter said he never saw anybody engrave as quickly as Kolouch.

10. flabigpapa

JLSO5, You are so Right..Angelo Bee also did The Westerns Scenes.True Masterpiece..Museum Quality..Commissioned and Signed and dated for the Bi-Centennial 1976 ... Enjoy, Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. doc boc

doc boc Member

I have ljutic done by walter, gun used to belong to bob schultz. will try to email pics of the engraving. doc

12. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Angelo engraved a model 32 4 barrel set for me back in the early 80's with Remington and Russell scenes. Great looking gun with Docwiller wood.

13. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Angelo engraved a model 32 4 barrel set for me back in the early 80's with Remington and Russell scenes. Great looking gun with Docwiller wood.

14. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

15. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

16. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

17. opa41

opa41 TS Member

Bart I should not have sold this Gun back to you.I am glad you enjoy it.

George

18. flabigpapa

George, You did the Gentleman thing...And I do Enjoy it..Thanks. Sorry I missed you at the Zone Shoot, Had plans and scheduled to be there in Coach with Shooting Buddy...Unexpected Health issues forced cancellation at Last minute, Hope to see you and shoot together next Time, Are you going to Cardinal Classic in August ? Hope to be there. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Walter worked at Ferlach in Austria and was an accomplished gunmaker when I knew him. Engraving was just one of his skills.

I remember a break-action single-shot rifle he made from bar stock. Like everything else he did, it was excellent.

20. opa41

opa41 TS Member

Bart
    I am going to the Grand for 2 weeks no Ohio.

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gun engraver w kolouch
gun engraver walter kolouch

walter kolouch

walter kolouch engraver

walter kolouch gunsmith

walter koulach
walter kouloch
walter koulouch